Types Of Acne Scars And Home Remedies:
Acne scars are one of the most common problems experienced by almost 90 percent of people, irrespective of gender. It is also quite natural in teenagers who have just hit puberty. However, when encountered during puberty, it can be quite depressing for teenagers because, during this phase of one’s life, an individual is trying to get to know more about their physical and mental self. But, acne sets off acne scars, check all about acne causes and prevention tips before we get into acne scars. Here’s a detailed guide about what acne scars are and how you can get rid of acne scars with these acne scars home remedies naturally.
What Are Acne Scars?
Acne is actually a skin disease caused when the hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. Acne causes whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples on the face, which can be very embarrassing, especially for women.
Acne Scar Causes:
- Aggressive acne is more likely to cause scarring after the inflammation starts to heal. It takes a long time to heal and also ends up scarring the face.
- Picking and popping pimples can also damage the skin and lead to scarring.
- Even if one is very careful with the skin, a scar can easily develop.
- Blemishes that are inflamed, are also likely to scar.
Types Of Acne Scars:
The tissues get lost when an inflammatory breakout destroys the collagen of the skin leaving a depressed area called a boxcar scar. These scars are generally round or oval in shape with sharp edges.
Ice Pick Scars:
As the name suggests, the skin appears as if it is pierced by an ice pick or a sharp instrument. Ice pick scars are deep and extend into the dermis.
These scars are uneven and look like depressions on the skin
Acne Scars Home Remedies:
1. Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe vera contains vitamins A, C, and E that can help heal your skin and fade acne scars. It is actually a natural moisturizer and so you don’t need to worry about any further damage or irritation to your skin. Apply aloe vera gel on your face every day before you go to bed and leave it on overnight for the best results. Check more on aloe vera for acne.
2. Baking Soda:
It has sodium bicarbonate crystals that can be used as a cleansing scrub. Add two tablespoons of baking soda with a tablespoon of water to make a thick paste. Apply the thick paste to the affected area and wash it off once it dries.
3. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer with healing properties. Apply a tablespoon of coconut oil on your palm and gently massage the scarred skin with your fingertips. You don’t need to wash it after some time. However, if you are not comfortable with the oil, let it stay on for at least 30 minutes and then wash it off.
Lemon is a natural acid that can heal scars on the face and revitalize the skin. Squeeze out some lemon juice and directly apply the undiluted juice to your face. If you have sensitive skin, mix it with water. Apply the lemon juice over the scars with cotton and let it dry. Follow up by rinsing your face and applying moisturizer.
is mostly used for facial treatments as it contains vitamin C and A. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and place them on your acne scars. Leave the cucumber slices for 30 minutes, then remove it and rinse your face with cool water. Do this every day for desirable results.
Honey works miraculously in healing acne scars. Gently massage a small amount of honey on your scars for some time and then wash it off.
7. Potato Juice:
Potato is rich in vitamins and minerals that are quick in fading away acne scars. Crush a potato and extract its juice. Apply the extracted juice to your acne scars with a cotton ball. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and wash it off.
8. Cocoa Butter:
Cocoa butter is also a natural moisturizer and helps in softening scar tissues. Apply a small amount of cocoa butter on your face before going to bed and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning.
Turmeric powder has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can speed up the healing of scarred tissues and also improve your skin health. Add one or two tablespoons of turmeric with lemon juice and apply this paste all over your face. Let it rest on your skin for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off with water.
Garlic is rich in antioxidants and also has anti-inflammatory properties that help in healing acne scars faster. It also prevents the skin from further breakouts. Crush the garlic cloves and make a paste. Apply this paste to your acne scars before you hit the bed. Wash your face in the morning with cold water.
While it might take some time for the results to show, natural remedies can truly make you look beautiful and bring out the best in you. However, if you notice no change, you can always seek professional help.
Tips To Avoid Acne Scars:
- One of the best ways to take care of scarring is to control the acne as soon as it breakouts. If the acne is severe and cystic, leaving scars that are more prominent, then it is best to consult a dermatologist to resolve the acne.
- Opt for acne treatment as soon as it develops, as scarring often happens with heavily-inflamed lesions. If you treat the acne before it worsens, you could prevent scarring in the future.
- Applying acne cream is another way to combat acne scarring A cream that contains salicylic acid is one of the best ingredients to reduce scarring.
- Using retinoids is another way of treating acne scars with the benefits of scar smoothening. While they improve the skin’s texture, retinoid also helps in making scars less noticeable.
- Avoid popping and picking pimples, as it can worsen the inflammation, further deepen the scar, and also spread bacteria.
- Over scrubbing the skin, can irritate the blemishes and also make the scars appear more prominent.
- Apply sunscreen every time you go outdoors, and ensure you apply sunscreen. Sunlight can cause further damage to the existing acne scars, and blemishes allowing the skin to heal properly.