How To Choose A Wedding Dress For Your Body Type?
The best yet the toughest part for the bride-to-be is to choose her perfect wedding dress by body type. It is necessary to look into every minute detail along with various other specimens to settle your wedding dress. The fitting, color combination, fabric, silhouette, and every other detail are taken into consideration. You cannot finalize your wedding dress without looking for recommendations.
Your wedding is the day when the entire spotlight will be on you! You will be the only one who’s going to get noticed for every single detail like your hair, makeup, dress, and your jewelry. So, you have to be very careful about choosing your wedding dress by body type. Thus, your walk on the aisle will be that defining moment where you have to look your very best!
Here are some tips and tricks and a complete “know-how” guide on choosing your wedding dress according to your body type.
Tips on choosing your wedding dress
1. Fix your appointment with the designer
As you prep up for your rounds of appointment with the designer or the atelier, here are some points that should look into consideration. Before heading to your bridal consultant, get your correct measurements with a personal tailor. You need to know your body measurements accurately so that you can guide your designer at any point of time if and when required. Trust your designer— but at the same time, give your suggestions and throw in your queries too.
2. Be attentive and be open to adapt to different ideas
Always remember to keep an open eye and an open mind. Be open to various designs and styles you can adorn. You must try out new designs and styles— get creative and be adaptive to try new styles without any inhibitions. However, some basic designs can be valuable to your extents, narrowing your wedding outfit search, and picking outlines that hype your most complimenting features.
3. Fix your hair and makeup artist
Book a hair and cosmetics trial before the wedding. Consult and book your hairstylist and makeup artist at the same time. They are the best people to guide you for your hairstyle and makeup as per the final selection of your wedding dress.
4. Organize a group discussion of the artists
The best decision is to have a group discussion with your bridal designer, your makeup artist, the fashion stylist (if any) and your hairdresser. You will get the best results with a combined meeting. They will structure a stylish layout for you and help you enhance your final look for the D-day!
5. Take tips from others
Utilize a couple of references and style tips to help you locate the ideal wedding dress for your body type. You can talk to friends and family members who recently got married and take references for the designer and hairdresser.
Choose your wedding dress by body type
1. For the hourglass figure
- If you are an hourglass figure, then you should and you must opt for a corset with mermaid skirt. You can also opt for a gown which will give you an absolute fitting so that your hourglass figure is accentuated. A bodice style as well as the mermaid wedding dress is intended to complement and emphasize your curves.
- A casual fit-and-flare wedding dress (less organized however similarly as alluring) is likewise a ravishing choice for hourglass body types.
- Try not to free fit sheath styles that will, in general, overwhelm your figure, if you are a little on the curvy side.
2. For the tall & rectangular structure
- Always opt for minimal embroidered dresses that you can utilise later on. These also give a chic and classy look.
- Attempt for different silhouettes and drapes for your ball gown. If you are pretty slim and tall, then you should try various drapes in your gown or any bridal dress. Drapes will give you a little fuller effect.
3. For the apple-shaped figure
- If you are the one with heavy breasts, opt for wide necks. Avoid small or closed necklines. That would only add to the volume and would highlight your chest.
- Choose a certain style and drape that would really suit you. Do not just try drapes and peculiar silhouettes only because they are in fashion.
- Be careful with your waistline if you’re a little chubby or broad or even short in height, do not try anything heavy on the waistline.
4. For the pear-shaped figure
- A-line or ball wedding dress looks extraordinary on most body types, yet we think they look particularly marvellous on a pear-formed figure.
- Shop the ideal wedding dress for your body type by zeroing in on the bodice: embellishments and silhouettes help to complement your figure.
Well, with all the above-mentioned tips, you are all geared up to go and get the perfect wedding dress.
Make your day extra special by looking your best, without leaving any room for the inconvenience. While all eyes will be on you on your wedding day, we know the eyes you will be looking for— so go on and dress the best for your handsome groom!