Are you sick of using sunscreens that leave a white cast on your skin or feel heavy and greasy? Look no further because we have found the best Korean mineral sunscreen for you! Not only does it provide broad-spectrum protection, but it also has a lightweight, non-greasy formula that won’t leave a white cast. Plus, it has skin-loving minerals and ingredients that will leave your skin looking and feeling amazing. Keep reading to find out more about this must-have sunscreen for your skincare routine.
Mineral sunscreen, also known as physical sunscreen, is a type of sunscreen that uses minerals such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as active ingredients. These minerals work by physically blocking and scattering UV rays, preventing them from penetrating the skin. Mineral sunscreens are more natural and gentle on the skin compared to chemical sunscreens, which work by absorbing UV rays. They are also less likely to cause skin irritation or allergic reactions. Additionally, mineral sunscreens are also more environmentally friendly as they do not contain chemical ingredients that may harm marine life.
How is mineral sunscreen different from chemical sunscreen?
Mineral sunscreen and chemical sunscreen are different in the way they work to protect the skin from UV rays.
Mineral sunscreen uses minerals such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as active ingredients. These minerals form a physical barrier on the skin’s surface, reflecting and scattering UV rays away from the skin, preventing them from penetrating the skin. Because of this mechanism, mineral sunscreens are also physical sunscreens.
Chemical sunscreen, on the other hand, uses chemical ingredients such as oxybenzone, avobenzone, octinoxate, and octisalate as the active ingredients. These chemicals work by absorbing the UV rays and then converting them into heat, which is then released from the skin. This is the reason why chemical sunscreens are also chemical absorbers.
One of the main differences between mineral and chemical sunscreen is that mineral sunscreen is considered to be more natural and gentle on the skin, while chemical sunscreen may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions. Additionally, mineral sunscreen is more environmentally friendly, as it does not contain chemical ingredients that may harm marine life. Chemical sunscreen can also be more easily absorbed by the skin, which can lead to higher levels of the chemicals in the bloodstream.
Another difference is that mineral sunscreen might leave a whitish cast on the skin, especially on darker skin tones, due to the presence of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. While this might not look attractive, this is a sign that the sunscreen is working, and it can be with makeup or tinted moisturizer to improve the appearance.
5 Best Korean Mineral Sunscreen
1. Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF50+ / PA+++
Experience silky-smooth protection with this facial sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum coverage without feeling sticky or leaving behind a white cast. This plant-based gel formula has gentle ingredients like sunflower seeds, acai berries, aloe vera, and dwarf sage root extracts, which strengthen the skin’s vitality while providing thorough UV protection. It also contains common purslane extract, known for its antioxidant properties, and hyaluronic acid, which serves as excellent deep-level hydration. This all-around achiever sunscreen is gentle enough for even sensitive skin types, it glides on smoothly and provides the necessary protection from UV rays, pollution, and environmental stressors. This sunscreen is a must-have for anyone looking for an effective and gentle sunscreen that also enhances the skin’s health.
2. Innisfree Daily UV Defense Sunscreen SPF36
Experience the power of natural ingredients with this sunscreen sourced from the beautiful island of Jeju. Formulated with invigorating ingredients like green tea extract, witch hazel, and sunflower seed oil, this water-based sunscreen not only protects your skin from sunburn but also helps to reduce premature signs of ageing. Cica, a well-known soothing ingredient, makes this sunscreen gentle on the skin and suitable for daily use. The paraben and the talc-free formula are lightweight and absorb quickly, making it feel invisible on the skin. This sunscreen is like a Korean moisturizer and SPF in one, perfect for protecting your skin while keeping it nourished and hydrated.
3. Self Beauty Airlasting Probiotics Worry-Free Sunscreen SPF50+/PA++++
When it comes to sunscreen ingredients, zinc oxide is a standout choice. It provides a broad and uniform range of protection and is stable and gentle on the skin. This sunscreen is also has a probiotics complex, which helps to prevent UV-related skin damage and keep acne-causing bacteria at bay. The sunscreen also includes botanicals such as chameleon plant extract, known for its antioxidant properties, and sunflower seed oil, which moisturizes and evens out the skin. The result is a velvety, non-greasy matte finish that serves as the perfect base for everyday makeup. With this sunscreen, you can enjoy the benefits of protection and nourishment for your skin.
4. Etude House Soon Jung Mild Defence Sun Cream SPF49/PA++
If you have sensitive skin, this Etude House sunscreen is the perfect solution for you. It provides inorganic protection against sun damage and dust pollution, and its creamy, non-sticky texture makes it easy to reapply throughout the day. The sunscreen’s hypoallergenic formula contains ingredients like panthenol and madecassoside that provide instant relief to your pores without clogging or causing allergic reactions. Panthenol acts as a humectant that retains hydration, while madecassoside modulates inflammatory offenders and prevents roughness. With its low pH factor, this formula is gentle and effective for delicate skin types. This sunscreen is a true godsend for those with sensitive skin, providing both sun and pollution protection while keeping the skin hydrated, smooth, and soothe.
5. LabNo Cicaloe Relief Sun Milk SPF50
Say goodbye to the hassle of finding a sunscreen that doubles as a day cream. This alcohol-free mineral sunscreen is the perfect solution for cold weather. Its unique formula containing fruit oils and aloe vera extract keeps your skin moisturized and hydrated, while centella asiatica acts as a humectant. This sunscreen is non-comedogenic, free of chemicals, and absorbs quickly without leaving a trace, making it ideal for even the most sensitive skin types. Keep your skin protected from sun damage while also keeping it comfortable and hydrated with this all-in-one sunscreen.
What to look for in the best Korean Mineral Sunscreen.
When looking for the best Korean mineral sunscreen, there are a few key things to consider:
- Broad-spectrum protection: Make sure the sunscreen offers protection against both UVA and UVB rays. UVA rays are responsible for aging the skin, while UVB rays cause sunburns.
- Mineral content: Look for sunscreens that contain high levels of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, as these are the best minerals for blocking UV rays.
- Lightweight and non-greasy formula: Korean sunscreens are known for their lightweight and non-greasy formulas that are easy to apply and feel comfortable on the skin.
- Ingredients: Look for sunscreens that contain skin-loving ingredients such as antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, or vitamin C that will help nourish and protect the skin.
- SPF level: The SPF (Sun Protection Factor) level should be at least 30 and it should be reapplied every 2 hours or more often if sweating or swimming.
- Non-comedogenic: Look for a sunscreen that is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your pores or cause acne.
- Environmental friendly: Look for a mineral sunscreen that is reef-safe or eco-friendly.
Direction of use
To use the best Korean mineral sunscreen, here are a few tips to follow:
- Apply sunscreen to clean, dry skin: Make sure to apply sunscreen to clean, dry skin, ideally after showering or bathing.
- Apply enough sunscreen: Use a generous amount of sunscreen and make sure to cover all exposed areas of the skin, including the face, ears, neck, and hands.
- Reapply every 2 hours: Sunscreen should be reapplied every 2 hours or more often if sweating or swimming.
- Apply under makeup: If you plan to wear makeup, apply sunscreen first and then wait a few minutes for it to be absorbed before applying makeup.
- Use it daily: Sunscreen should be used daily, even on cloudy or overcast days.
- Don’t forget to protect your lips: Use a lip balm or lipstick with SPF to protect your lips.
- Avoid sun exposure during peak hours: Try to avoid sun exposure during peak hours, which are typically between 10 am and 4 pm, when UV rays are the strongest.
- Drink water: Keep yourself hydrated, as your skin will lose water quickly when exposed to UV rays.
In conclusion, the best Korean mineral sunscreen is a game-changer for anyone looking for a lightweight, non-greasy, and effective sunscreen. It has skin-loving minerals and ingredients that not only protect your skin from harmful UV rays but also leave your skin looking and feeling amazing. So if you’re sick of using sunscreens that leave a white cast or feel heavy on your skin, give this Korean mineral sunscreen a try. Your skin will thank you! Plus, by using mineral sunscreen, you’re not only protecting your skin but also the environment. So, go out there and have fun in the sun without any worries, knowing your skin is safe!