Delicious Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten is a variety of rye, wheat, and barley proteins, which can irritate your gut and trigger allergic reactions. It is this protein that gives the bread a chewy texture and also provides elasticity to baked goods. For an Indian meal, replace your roti or chapati with red or brown rice. One should also avoid soy sauce, vinegar, and hing (asafoetida). We will talk you through the best gluten-free recipes so that you can easily prevent gluten and have a tasty diet in this article. Let’s get into these delicious gluten free recipes with an easy gluten free kisir recipe…
1. Easy Gluten Free Kisir
- 1 cup tender sorghum (Jowar)
- 1 tablespoon Turkish hot pepper paste
- A tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup finely sliced spring onions(white and green together)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 fresh green chili finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 14 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar molasses
- Salt to taste
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Red chili flakes as per taste
- Mix together the tender sorghum, spring onions, parsley, & mint.
- Add tomato paste, green chili, Turkish hot pepper paste to the above mixture.
- Make a salad dressing using, lime juice, olive oil, sugar molasses, and add it to the greens mixture.
- Add salt to taste and mix the mixture thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the chili flakes at the end.
2. Gluten-free Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe is straightforward to make and gluten-free, and its deliciousness is even kid-approved. Here are the directions and ingredients:
- 10 ounces gluten-free elbow pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- One ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded cheese (divided)
How to cook?
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Grease up a baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add salt to it. Cook the elbow macaroni in the boiling water and stir it occasionally until it’s cooked through but is firm to the bite, and then drain the water.
- Melt ¼ cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir mustard powder and salt into melted butter and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Whisk together the milk and cornstarch together in a bowl till it’s smooth; stir into the butter mixture until it’s blended together well.
- Return the saucepan to the gas and cook the milk mixture. Stir it constantly over medium heat until sauce is thick, about 5 minutes. Then add the cheese and stir it till the cheese melts and then remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add pasta to cheese sauce and stir constantly and pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is crunchy, about 30 minutes.
3. Mushroom Brown Rice
Brown is a healthier substitute for your regular white rice, and it retains all the essential nutrients in the bran. This easy rice dish needs about 30 minutes to make and is full of flavor.
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 9-10 mushrooms sliced
- Salt to taste
- One onion
- One green capsicum
- ½ cup butter or 2 Tbsp olive
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups water.
- Wash the brown rice with water.
- Cut the onions, mushrooms, and capsicum.
- In a saucepan, add butter/olive oil and add onions. Saute it till pink.
- Add mushrooms. Saute till they wilt.
- Now add the capsicum. Stir and then pre-washed brown rice. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and 2 cups water.
- Cook till the rice is ready.
4. Chicken Quinoa Biryani
A rich meal with protein will keep you full till dinner; this biryani needs quinoa and juicy chicken chunks. Quinoa is low on calories and high on fiber while it keeps you full for long hours. This chicken quinoa biryani is perfect for a light lunch and is mildly flavored.
- 2 cups Quinoa
- One tomato
- Two onions
- Three green chilies
- ¼ cup Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ cup coriander or cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ Turmeric powder
- ½ cup fresh yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 250 gm chicken
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- Three cardamom
- Four cloves
- One small bay leaf
- Wash the chicken well and drain the remaining water. Marinate it with the given ingredients and cover it and keep it aside for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker or skillet, add the tempering ingredients one by one, then add green chili, cilantro, onion, mint leaves, and sprinkle little salt for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until the smell leaves and then add tomato and saute till it turns soft and mushy.
- Now add the marinated chicken, turmeric, and chili powder and stir for 2-3 minutes more. Cover and cook it for 6-7 minutes or till the chicken gets 3/4th cooked.
- Add 1 cup yogurt, 2-3 cups of water, enough salt, and allow it to boil. Once it starts steaming, reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Layer with quinoa, and then enjoy. Pair it up with raita and a generous squeeze of lime.
5. Jowar Tacos with spicy chicken filling
With this recipe, you get to try enjoyable Mexican tacos made from scratch with jowar flour and loaded with a spiced-up chicken filling. Aside from being gluten-free, a cup of jowar has a whopping 22 grams of protein and is a powerhouse of other essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
For the Tacos:
- ¾ cup jowar flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- 40gm cold butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the spice chicken filling
- One chicken breast
- 1 tsp fresh ginger paste
- 1 tsp fresh garlic paste
- One onion, pasted
- 1 tsp paprika
- Three ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- ½ tsp jaggery
- 2 tbsp oil
- Crisp greens of your selection
- Barbeque sauce
- Cream cheese or hung yogurt.
For the Tacos:
- Put the jowar flour, wheat flour, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Add the butter and start rubbing the mixture using your fingers until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Pour some warm water a bit at a time and continue kneading till it forms a soft dough and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes after wrapping it with a cling film.
- Take the dough, knead it a little, divide it into small balls, and shape it into circular discs. You may need some flour for dusting while rolling the balls.
- Heat a frying pan and roast the tacos on both sides on medium heat. Then transfer to a preheated oven set at 150 degrees C and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tacos from the oven. Set the rolling pin at the center of each taco and slightly bend the edges.
For the spicy chicken filling:
- While the tacos are in the oven, make the filling. Heat oil in a pan and add onions, ginger, and garlic pastes and stir for about 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for 4-5 minutes till the mixture is nice and pulpy. Add paprika, jaggery, and salt, then mix well—tip in the chicken cubes, coat well in the mix. Put a cover above the pan and allow it to cook for about 8 minutes.
- Mix in the oregano and check to season.
- For Assembling, load the tacos with spicy chicken filling, fresh greens, cream cheese, and serve immediately.
Following gluten free recipes helps you not to give up on your favorites. Just experiment and tweak in the kitchen, and you never know when you might land a masterpiece of your own. Happy cooking!