What Should You Use: Primer Vs. Concealer
Flawless makeup must be an art and the correct use of both primer and concealer will guarantee you a perfect result. Just your makeup products and brushes and your fingertips and the magic will come alive on your face. Let’s talk about primer vs concealer and what’s best for you.
Deciding on primer vs concealer
Many people get confused between a primer and a concealer. Depending on the user’s skin type and condition, one might need to use both or either one of them. Looking it up online and based on user feedback and personal experience we will start exactly here today.
- A primer is a start to the makeup routine. Typically, a user should wash their face and moisturize it and then put on primer. It preps your face and does some minute magic filling all the fine lines and wrinkles and creating a surface evenness.
- Using a primer the right way will actually make the later process of putting on make-up easier, be it the foundation or the concealer at that. This is usually because this primer will behave like a stick anything upon canvas for anyone to work smoothly on.
- A lot of people skip this part, however, it is not recommendable. Today, there are lots of primers available, that with providing the skin with nourishment as an add-on. Therefore, one should not miss this amazing head-start.
If someone is still skeptical about the primer, they can instead go for the BB cream which can moisturize and also substitute a primer. It is, after all, the user’s skin and their money and what matters most is what they feel comfortable in and what suits their skin better.
- If the primer is the canvas then concealer is the paint. Concealers help hide those tough spots that foundation alone could not cover. Especially for many users facing skin problems like acne, dark spots, redness, etc. concealers are a must.
- Concealer is typically thicker than foundation and is applied on areas needing all that extra coverage. Many people go for a lighter shade of a concealer but experts say that one must buy the shade of concealer as their shade of foundation, and typically from the same manufacturer.
- There is a mixed application chronology for concealers. Whilst some stick to using it after the foundation for that extra coverage may also go for a concealer first and then the foundation. However, because it all has to be blended in using it after the foundation feels better for most.
Choosing a concealer is a tough job especially with so many variants available nowadays. There is the stick option which works better on dry skin and the liquid option is recommended for oily skin. Just search for the one shade closest to that foundation.
We can blend in both primer and concealer with finger-tips. In fact, all that massaging is good as it will restore blood flow to your skin and make it look a bit more alive. However, a brush can also be used to blend in the concealer.
Primer Vs Concealer
Now that the uses and benefits have been presented let us look into the rest. Now is the Primer really necessary?
It is definitely not a mandatory step however using it will ensure you with a smoother finish and will give your make-up a longer-lasting. So are you looking forward to buying one?
So which one is the better concealer the liquid one or the one on the stick? Whilst both can be equally effective it is easier if they are both tried out upon the skin. Moreover choosing the correct shade will enhance your look.
The concealer has been around since 1955 and the primer is relatively fresh into the picture, getting launched around 2002. The beauty industry makes one feel that the primer is a must. Experts say that it can be easily skipped. However nothing is really definite or optional product, but a matter of personal preference.
So in order to find out what works the magic on your skin and creates that picture-perfect look we recommend trying out different options. Do not be afraid to change the makeup routine and try everything new.
Should I use concealer or primer?
This type of concealer should be applied prior to both face makeup products—but after primer—to help neutralize any areas of discoloration. The reason you apply foundation and concealer in this order is that it allows you to use less product.
Can concealer act as primer?
Concealers can totally act as an eyeshadow primer. It will neutralize discoloration and create an even, blank canvas for your eye makeup. Just apply it with a brush to avoid depositing your finger’s oils onto your lids, and set it with a dusting of loose powder.
Is it okay to apply concealer without primer?
Step 2: Don’t forget to apply a primer, this gives the concealer a base to stick to. Without primer, the concealer might settle into the zit and make it look unappealing.
Step 3: If you use your hands, sanitize them properly before dabbing concealer onto the zit.
What comes first moisturizer or primer?
An easy way to remember the right order is to separate your products into two separate routines. Moisturizer (or sunscreen) should always be the last step in your skincare routine. The primer should always be the first step in your makeup routine.
Is it OK to put concealer on your eyelids?
Never put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it will cause your eye makeup to crease.
Can you use concealer without foundation?
You Can Totally Wear Concealer Without Foundation—Here’s How. Concealer is kind of like your favorite skin-care serum: You can’t really see it, but it does some heavy lifting behind the scenes. Once blended under your foundation, it chameleons those uninvited pimples, dark spots, or bits of the redness away.
Should you set your eye primer?
Much like how you want to set your under-eye concealer right after you apply it to stop those under-eye lines from forming, setting your eye primer helps create a smooth, longer-lasting base for your shadows. But, as Marquez proves, it also makes your eyeshadow colors a lot less vibrant.