Essential Oils For Oily Hair | What Essential Oils Are Good For Oily Hair?
Each of us has its own unique hair type, with its advantages and disadvantages. To best meet each of our needs, there are hair care products with essential oils to maintain our hair, whatever it is. And for oily hair, here is a treatment based on essential oils and vegetable oils that will deeply nourish the hair fiber to cleanse it while regulating the production of sebum at the hairline. In this way, your hair will become stronger, shinier, and more radiant. You will be able to take the pleasure of spending more than 2 consecutive days without having the constraint of having to systematically wash your hair. So get back into the habit of spacing out your shampoos and letting your hair breathe and shine. Check out how to use essential oils.
1. Grapefruit Essential Oil – Strengthen Hair Fiber
The sweet fruity scent of grapefruit essential oil is its main asset for this shampoo. Very popular with a large audience, it will maintain your color to prevent it from tarnishing. It will protect the outer part of the hair shaft (the cuticle), easily damaged by the aggressiveness of the coloring, to allow it to capture the luminosity and therefore generate its shiny appearance. It will also play an anti-dandruff role to cleanse your entire scalp.
2. Atlas Ceder Essential Oil – Sebum Regulation
The Atlas cedar essential oil is the whole army to defeat the appearance of oily hair. It has lipolytic properties, promoting the decomposition of fatty substances, which destroys the sebum deposited at the roots of the hair in order to cleanse them. In this way, the hair is released and strengthened.
3. Rosemary Essential Oil – Repair And Tone
Very well known in medicinal treatments as well as in gastronomy, Rosemary Cineole essential oil is now appearing in the world of cosmetics. It has blood circulation stimulating properties in order to take care of the health of the hair by restoring it to its natural shine and by fighting against the excessive secretion of sebum responsible for oily hair.
4. Hazelnut Vegetable Oil
The vegetable oil of Hazel is also a very good sebum regulator, which reinforces the action of jojoba oil. It, therefore, makes it possible to purify the scalp to fight against the appearance of oily hair. Very nourishing, penetrating, and above all fortifying, it restores tone and vitality to the hair while making them supple and shiny. Finally, it also reduces the production of dandruff.
5. Jojoba Vegetable Oil
Very recommended for types of skin or oily hair, Jojoba vegetable oil is sebum-regulating. This means that it will reduce the production of sebum in your scalp to prevent the oily effect from appearing on your roots. In addition, very softening, it will make your damaged hair more elastic and more resistant. Finally, to further cleanse your scalp, this vegetable oil will have an anti-dandruff action, allowing you to keep your hair clean.
Essential Oils Hair Oil For Oily Scalp
Take your empty 50 mL bottle, and add:
- 30 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 30 drops of Atlas Cedar essential oil
- 20 mL (or 2 tbsp) Jojoba vegetable oil
- 20 mL (or 2 tbsp) Hazelnut vegetable oil
Mix well and seal your bottle. Your hair care is ready to use!
Method of application: apply this treatment all over your hair, gently massaging your roots and lightly covering the ends
Application time: leave this treatment on your hair for about 30 minutes before rinsing them with cool water and use a neutral shampoo to wash off the excess product.
- YES . Adults, children over 6 years old
- NO . Pregnant and lactating women, children under 6 years old.
- People with asthma should seek medical advice before use.
- It is also recommended to perform an allergic test on the crook of the elbow with the mixture before any use.
- Namely that the essential oil of Atlas Cedar is estrogen-like and that Grapefruit cortisone-like.
- Grapefruit essential oil is also photosensitizing and dermocaustic in its purest form.
- People allergic to nuts should seek medical advice before use (Hazelnut).
DIY Shampoo For Oily Hair
Take your empty 50 mL bottle, pour a few inches of neutral shampoo into it, then add:
- 6 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 6 drops of Atlas Cedar essential oil
- 6 drops of Rosemary essential oil with Cineole
- Complete with neutral shampoo until the bottle is full
Stopper, homogenize then label your bottle. Your shampoo is ready to use!
Method of application: massage your scalp with your palms, having previously deposited a small amount of this shampoo in the palm of your hand.
Application time: leave your shampoo on for 2 to 3 minutes then rinse your hair thoroughly.
- YES . Adults and adolescents, children over 6 years old.
- NO . Pregnant and lactating women, children under 6 years old
- People with asthma should seek medical advice before use.
- It is advisable to perform an allergic test in the crook of the elbow before any use.
- Namely that the essential oil of grapefruit is photosensitizing.
- Essential oils of the mixture are dermocaustiques in the pure state (Grapefruit, Rosemary with cineole).
- This blend contains three hormone-like essential oils.
FAQs About Essential Oils For Oily Hair
How do you use essential oils for oily hair?
Warm up the carrier oil a bit over a double boiler before you add in the tea tree oil. Massage the oils onto your scalp and cover your head with a shower cap. Leave it in for 30 minutes then shampoo as usual. Once your scalp gets used to the essential oil, you can work your way up to a one-to-one ratio.
Is tea tree good for oily hair?
Regulates oil production: Oily or greasy hair can often result from dandruff or other bacteria on the scalp. By treating the source of the overproduction, tea tree oil can help regulate the scalp’s oil production, resulting in a healthier scalp and better-looking hair.
Which oil is best for oily and dandruff scalp?
Tea tree oil is an antiseptic that can help control bacterial and fungal buildups. These buildups can lead to acne or flare-ups of some scalp skin conditions. Dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil, such as coconut or olive oil, and put a few drops on the affected area.
How do you use lemon oil for oily hair?
When using this potent essential oil to fight greasy hair, we recommend adding just 1-2 drops of lemon oil to about a tablespoon of shampoo, mixing in your palm and lathering as usual. Do remember, that using more lemon oil and going in the sun can lighten hair or affect color treated hair!
How long leave essential oils in hair?
After you apply the oil mixture, cover your head in a towel or shower cap. You can wash out the treatment after 30 minutes, leave it on overnight and shampoo in the morning, or use some as a leave-in conditioner. See what works best for your hair texture