Health Benefits Of Garlic:
Garlic is most often heard with garlic bread for sure! Well, as much as it adds taste to food, there are many garlic benefits too. So here’s an interesting read-through about garlic. If you are already a fan of this lovely little veggie, you’ll probably love to know more about it. And if you’re not a fan of it, you’ll become one, after reading!
A plant in the Allium (onion) family, ‘Garlic has many benefits apart from being a popular ingredient in cooking. The main use of garlic in ancient history was for its medicinal properties and is well documented by many major civilizations. April 19th marks National Garlic Day. It is also called a stinking rose. In spite of leaving bad breath, it leaves you with a strong immune system.
1-ounce (28gm) serving of garlic contains manganese, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Selenium, and fiber along with some amounts of calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorous, iron, and vitamin B1.
Garlic Benefits | Uses Of Garlic:
The following are the garlic benefits one should know:
- Garlic boosts the immune system and reduces colds, flu, and symptoms.
- Garlic clove when chopped, crushed, or chewed releases Sulphur compounds that have medicinal properties.
- It has antiseptic properties Garlic can also treat osteoarthritis, ‘a two-way benefit that kills both, bacteria and fungi.
- Garlic can reduce high blood pressure or hypertension in addition to lowering cholesterol levels and thereby cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks. THereby garlic helps one live longer.
- It has very few calories and hence a weight loss regimen.
- The antioxidants in garlic help prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Consumption of garlic on a regular basis removes heavy metals in the body.
- Improved bone health.
- Enlarged prostate, cystic fibrosis, and diabetes can be treated with garlic
- Garlic can also treat osteoarthritis
- Garlic can treat hay fever, traveler’s diarrhea, pre-eclampsia, and yeast infection.
- Treats menstrual disorders.
- Garlic can treat earaches, chronic fatigue syndrome
- It can treat shortness of breath related to liver disease, hepatitis, stomach ulcers, exercise performance, and exercise-induced muscle soreness.