8 Gluten Free Desserts For Your Dessert Cravings
Desserts are everyone’s favourite. Well, being on a diet or making efforts to keep yourself healthy doesn’t necessarily mean keeping yourself away from your favourite food. Making some changes and using some substitutes for the ingredients used in an already existing dessert recipe is all you need to do for indulging in your favourite dessert. Make sure to try out these gluten free desserts for your desserts cravings and we are sure you will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth and dessert cravings!! Also, check out the easy gluten free recipes to complete your meal!
1. Gingerbread Cookies
Here are the easy gingerbread cookies made out of gluten free all purpose flour instead of regular flour. The ingredient and the steps are available below for your convenience. These gingerbread man cookies are cute and yummy. How to make gingerbread cookies? Well, let’s see it!
Ingredients for gingerbread cookies:
- All purpose gluten-free flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Xanthan Gum – 3/4 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 1/2 tsp
- Ground Ginger – 1 Ttsp
- Kosher Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Unsalted Butter – 6 tbsp
- Unsulphured Molasses – 4 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Eggs – 1
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
Steps for gingerbread cookies recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Now, take a bowl, add the dry ingredients and ginger. Mix them well.
- Add brown sugar, whisk it till the lumps are gone.
- Then, add butter, molasses, honey, eggs, vanilla, and mix.
- Now, transfer the ingredients to parchment paper and roll it into a thin rectangle.
- Place the tray in the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm the dough.
- Take cookie cutters of different shapes and cut the dough to form clean shapes.
- Now, place the tray into the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 8 minutes.
- Take out the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool down completely before you touch them for decorating.
2. Gluten Free Banana Bread
Here is the gluten free and healthy banana bread recipe for almost everyone’s favourite dessert recipe, i.e; classic banana bread recipe. The flour used in the recipe below is almond flour. You can use regular flour to make the normal version of banana cake. Since this is made with almond flour, this is one of the most popular naturally gluten free desserts.
Ingredients for making banana bread:
- melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil or high-quality vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- honey or maple syrup – ½ cup
- large eggs – 4
- mashed ripe bananas – 1 cup (two bananas)
- baking powder – 1 tsp
- vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- fine sea salt – 1/2 tsp
- almond flour – 2 1/2 cups
Steps for a simple banana bread recipe:
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Now grease the loaf pan with butter on all sides and dust it with almond flour.
- Take a mixing bowl, add in the oil and honey and mix.
- Now add eggs and whisk till the ingredients are combined well.
- Add banana paste, baking powder, vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon powder, and salt. Whisk the mixture till there are no lumps.
- Now, add the almond flour. Cut and fold with a large spoon or a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and bake it for about 1 hour to 65 minutes.
- When the time comes, check the bread with the toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely, then take it out by scraping the sides first.
3. Sweet Potato Bread
Sweet potato is one of the best sources of nutrients and can be a healthy substitute for a lot of other roots. Here is a recipe for sweet potato bread where the substitute for the flour is powdered oats. How to make sweet potato bread? Read on to know the steps for making a sweet potato bread recipe without flour.
Ingredients for sweet potato bread:
- Eggs – 2
- Oats powder- 2 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Bakes and mashed Sweet Potato – 1 1/2 cups
- Coconut Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Plant Based Milk – 1/2 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Almond Butter -1/4 cup
Steps to make sweet potato bread:
- First things first! Preheat the microwave to 350F.
- Now take a bowl and mix the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl, add sweet potato, almond butter, plant milk, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and vinegar.
- Mix them to combine well till there are no lumps.
- Now, add the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
- Then, grease the loaf pan with a little almond butter on all sides.
- Transfer the batter into the pan and place the pan into the oven.
- Bake the cake for 60 to 70 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely, cut with a butter knife, serve!!!
4. Almond Butter Bars
Well, energy bars are the new trend. And no bake almond butter bars are also available. Add a little beauty to regular energy bars by making them with healthier ingredients like almond butter, coconut oil, etc. instead of regular oil. Here is the recipe for almond butter bars with the list of ingredients and procedures available below.
Almond Butter Bars Ingredients:
- Natural Almond Butter – 3cup
- Almond Flour – 1 cup
- Agave Nectar – 1/4 cup
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup
- Flakey Salt
Steps for making butter bars:
- Take a medium bowl, 1 cup of almond butter, almond flour, agave nectar, 2 tbsp coconut oil, salt and mix them up.
- Take a bread pan and place a parchment paper.
- Grease the pan with butter.
- Take a small bowl and add 2 tbsp of almond butter and 1 tbsp of coconut oil and mix well.
- Transfer the almond mixture into the pan and set.
- Now transfer the chocolate layer to the pan and level it thoroughly.
- Add some chocolate chips on top.
- Lift the parchment paper to get the layers out and cut them into equal bars.
5. Carrot Cake
Although carrot cake contains healthy ingredients like carrots and nuts, it is considered unhealthy due to the fat content and sugars used while making it. Well, we are here for satisfying your cravings for a slice of carrot cake in a healthy way. Here is a carrot cake recipe with gluten free flours and healthier alternatives for sugar, and fat. Make sure to try it out!!
Ingredients for carrot cake recipe:
- all-purpose gluten-free flour – 2 1/2 cups
- xanthan gum – 3/4 tsp
- baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda – 1 tsp
- powdered cinnamon – 2 tsp
- ground nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- powdered cloves – 1/8 tsp
- ground allspice – 1/4 tsp
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- brown sugar – 2 cups
- 4 large eggs
- unsweetened applesauce – 1/3 cup
- canola or vegetable oil or melted coconut oil – 2/3 cup
- melted unsalted butter (or oil) – 1/2 cup
- finely shredded carrots – 3 cups
- cream cheese, room temperature – 1 cup
- butter, room temperature – 5 tbsp
- cups powdered sugar -2 1/2 – 3
- heavy cream -2 Tbsp.
- pure vanilla extract – 2 tsp.
Steps to make carrot cake:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Take a medium bowl, add the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, cloves powder, allspice, and salt and set aside.
- Take another bowl, add the sugars, eggs and beat it till combined well.
- Now add applesauce, oil, butter and whisk it till soft peaks are formed.
- Then add the shredded carrots and dry ingredients and mix well with a large spoon or a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan and bake for 40 minutes. Make sure to check if the toothpick comes out clean.
- Take it out from the oven and let it cool.
- While the cake is cooled, take a mixing bowl and mix the ingredients for the frosting.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk it till the soft peaks are formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Ice the cake with frosting, cut and serve.
6. Granola Bars
A lot of people in today’s fast-paced world, consider energy bars to be healthy and an alternative for meals, which is wrong!! In most scenarios, granola bars are the best way to curb your hunger between the main meals of the day. Well, making them at home with healthy alternatives is much better than buying them in packaged form. Here is a simple recipe for granola bars with healthy alternatives for sugar. Check it out!!
- Dates – 1 Cup
- Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar – 1/4 cup
- Natural Peanut Butter – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – 1 cup
- Rolled Oats – 1 1/2 cups
- Chocolate Chips
- Dried Fruits
- Take a blender, add deseeded dates to it and blend it to a dough-like consistency.
- Dry roast the oats and almonds separately.
- Now take a pan, warm up the maple syrup or any sweeter you choose on low heat.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the roasted oats and maple syrup and mix.
- Now add the dates paste and combine well.
- Add the chopped almonds and mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased tray with parchment paper.
- Flatten and pull out the parchment paper and cut the layer into bars.
7. Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut butter is loaded with nutrients and unhealthy calories and fat. Make sure to consume it in limited quantities to avoid weight gain. Also, prefer to make peanut butter at home or buying natural peanut butter that is manufactured without sugars, oils, and fats. Here is the peanut butter bars recipe with the list of ingredients and steps available below.
Peanut butter bar ingredients:
- Salted Butter – 1/2 cup
- Graham Craker Crumbs – 1 cup
- Confetti – 2 cups
- Creamy peanut butter – 1 cup
- Chocolate Chips – 1 cup
Steps for making peanut butter bars:
- Grease a pan with butter and place parchment paper.
- Take a bowl, mix the butter, cracker crumbs, sugar, and mix.
- Add the peanut butter and combine well.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan and level it thoroughly.
- Now take a saucepan and melt 2 tbsp peanut butter and chocolate chips into a ganache.
- Pour it over the flattened peanut butter layer in the pan and freeze for three hours.
- Take them out and cut them into bars and serve cold.
8. Shortbread Cookies
The traditional recipe of shortbread cookies involve using wheat flour or all-purpose flour making it potentially allergic for a few people. If you are gluten intolerant and want to indulge yourself in some shortbread cookies, make sure to try this recipe of shortbread cookies with healthy alternatives like gluten free flour and good quality corn starch. Well, these are eggless shortbread cookies!
Ingredients for shortbread cookies:
- All-purpose gluten-free flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Xanthum gum – 3/4 tsp
- Good quality corn starch – 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Kosher salt – 1/8 tsp
- Unsalted Butter – 1 cup
- Lukewarm water – as needed
Steps for making shortbread cookies:
- First take a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a baking tray with parchment paper placed on it.
- Get back to the bowl of dry ingredients and add butter right in the centre and combine well.
- Knead the dough with your palms till the mixture becomes thick.
- Keep adding lukewarm water little by little as needed.
- Add the mixture onto the parchment paper and roll the dough into a thick cylinder.
- Cut the cylinder into cookies and place them onto the tray and place them in the freezer to get them firm.
- Now take the tray out from the freezer and place it into the preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Take the try out from the oven, let it cool, and dig in!!
We hope this article about some of the gluten free desserts helped you with choosing the right kind of alternatives and ingredients that are healthier and gluten free. Make sure to try every recipe and we are sure you will love all of them!!