1. Sugar Free Plum Cake Recipe:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil/coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup soy milk or preferred non-dairy milk
- 7 firm plums, halved with seeds removed
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F and grease and line an 8-inch round cake tin with white greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl whisk oil, sweetener, vanilla extract, and orange zest until it becomes creamy
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently mix in until it is just incorporated.
- Add in the milk and mix again to combine.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared tin and arrange the plum halves around the cake, gently pushing each one in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before serving.
Nutritive Value (per serving)
- Protein 2g
- Calories 163
- Carbs 17g
- Fat 9g
2. Carrot Cake Recipe:
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- 1 cups ground carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1 cup soaked raisins
- 1 teaspoon freshly diced ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- To get ground carrots, simply place chopped carrots in a food processor or high-speed blender until it becomes a finely shredded amount of carrots.
- Place the ground carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Grind the walnuts to a fine powder in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add to the mixing bowl.
- Next, blend the soaked dates and half the soaked raisins to the blender or food processor, along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add this to the mixing bowl, along with the remainder of the soaked raisins. Mix thoroughly with your hands or a spatula.
- Form into a cake shape and top with icing.
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 a lemon juice
- Raw honey to your desired sweetness
- Nut milk to help blend (for example almond milk)
Blend all the ingredients until smooth Top the cake with this icing.
Nutritive Value (per serving):
- Energy – 432 Kcals
- Carbohydrates – 43 g
- Protein – 9 g
- Fiber – 6 g
- Fat – 20 g
3. Healthy Banana Bread:
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 2-3 medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 chopped walnuts, raisins, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and keep it aside.
- Take a medium-sized bowl; whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, honey oil, vanilla, and milk for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the bananas, flour mixture along with chopped raisins and walnuts.
- Take the batter into greased pan, sprinkle it with some raw sugar, cinnamon, or banana slices (optional) Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, slice, and enjoy!
- Calories 240
- Carbs 32g
- Protein 13.6 g
- Fat 2g
- Fiber 3 g
4. High Iron Ragi Pan Cakes:
- Ragi flour- 1/4 cup
- Wheat flour- 1/2 cup
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extracts- 1 drop
- Salt- a pinch
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix ragi flour, wheat flour and salt in a bowl. Add the wet ingredient mixture and mix well.
- In a pan add oil, a pour the batter on the pan and cook well on both sides.
- Serve with honey.
Recommended For Pregnancy, anemia, menopause, and a great breakfast option for all age groups.
- Energy – 184kcal
- Carbohydrate – 35g
- Protein – 6g
- Fat – 2g
- Iron – 13mg
- Calcium – 15mg