Health Benefits Of SUNFLOWER SEEDS:
As most of us know about the benefits of consuming nuts and dried fruits, we take the necessary steps to incorporate them into our daily diet. But like dry fruits and nuts, nature has provided us with different varieties of edible seeds too, among which the sunflower seeds are one that is easily available and also with numerous sunflower seeds benefits.
The sunflower seeds that are pressed to produce an oil used in regular cooking can be actually consumed raw too. These seeds are the crunchiest of all seeds and have a nutty flavor. They also contain nutrients that provide many health benefits. Sunflower seeds are a rich source of minerals and other essential nutrients.
Sunflower Seeds Nutrition Facts:
A tablespoon (i.e. 15 grams) of sunflower seeds consumed everyday can give you the following:
- Adequate levels of fiber
- Good quality protein
- More of polyunsaturated fats (good fats)
- Good amounts of vitamin E, zinc, copper and folic acid
- Adequate levels of magnesium, selenium, and manganese
Sunflower Seeds Benefits:
Health Benefits Of Sunflower Seeds
Protects Heart Health:
Plant sterols in sunflower seeds help reduce bad cholesterol and protect the heart.
Promotes Skin Health:
Vitamin E present in sunflower seeds provides antioxidants, repairs damaged tissues and contributes to healthy skin.
Controls Hormone Imbalances:
Adding selenium rich foods to diet prevents thyroid imbalance. Sunflower seeds have enough selenium and therefore, consuming them daily can control hormonal imbalances.
As sunflower seeds are rich anti-inflammatory food, it can prevent free radicals that damage cells and can thus prevent cancer.
Sunflower seeds are low in Glycemic Index and hence can be incorporated in weight management diets and also in diabetic diets (in minimal quantity).
Enhances Bone Health:
Magnesium in sunflower seeds aids in enhanced bone tissue and thus helps in bone strengthening.
Increases Hair Growth:
Sunflower seeds help in preventing hair fall as zinc, an important nutrient that supports hair growth is abundant in these seeds.
How To Eat Sunflower Seeds?
There are ways to eat or consume foods to extract maximum nutrition. Here are some ways to eat sunflower seeds. Add sunflower seeds to your daily diet and modify the ways of eating sunflower seeds every day, to provide variety, taste and to enhance its flavor.
- You can consume sunflower seeds in different ways – roasted, roasted and salted, roasted and powdered.
- You can also mix these seeds with other healthy seeds and have them as snacks.
- Furthermore, you can also take it in the form of butter that is similar to peanut butter and almond butter. Sunflower seeds can be made into butter and can be used as spreads. It is also the best choice for those allergic to peanuts.