Foods That Fight Infection In The Body:
The environment is changing around and always in its best condition. But we may not cope in the best of conditions, putting us at risk of developing bacterial infections which we can contract through the air we breathe, the food we eat and the water we drink. It could be the flu, skin changes, viral infections, gut issues or even respiratory or urinary tract infections. To enjoy the environment, we should be able to cope with changes outside. Read on to know the top 7 foods that fight infections and other tips and precautions. If there is an ongoing flu symptom in effect check these foods to fight flu for immediate relief. Also, build your immune system beforehand with the foods that boost immune system.
Luckily, there are a number of home remedies or natural antibiotics in your kitchen to help you fight these infections. These remedies can also help improve your immunity.
Signs Of Infection:
The signs body is fighting an infection may include:
- feeling tired or fatigued.
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpits, or groin.
- nausea or vomiting.
Top 7 Foods That Fight Infections:
So here’s a list of the top 7 foods that prevent infections:
This is one magical fruit that plays a role in muscle recovery. It is especially important for skeletal muscle injuries or respiratory infections as it contains an enzyme called bromelain that serves the above functions.
Due to an active component found in turmeric known as ‘curcumin,’ turmeric or Haldi has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-allergic properties. So, the best way to recover from an infection is to add a pinch of Haldi to your bedtime milk.
This is an age-old anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial remedial food. However, it is important that this honey is raw, organic and unfiltered as in this state, it contains all the enzymes that release hydrogen peroxide, which is important to kill germs/bacteria.
This mega source of vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. The ascorbic acid that lemons are rich in help scavenge many microbes. So not only does it help aid in faster recovery from infections, but it also helps boost immunity to prevent any other bout of infections.
This is one of the most potent anti-microbial and anti-bacterial agents of all time, as it has the potential to suppress the growth of microbes. It has been shown to be particularly successful in respiratory and gut infections.
Garlic, Onion, And Cabbage:
All of these foods have one common component that is responsible for their anti-bacterial properties. And this active compound is known as allicin. Consuming one-two raw garlic cloves and adding onion and cabbage regularly to the diet has been known to prevent and improve infections.
Curd Or Plain Yogurt:
These fermented dairy items are extremely essential for gut health as well as immunity. Curd helps in the build-up of good bacteria in our system which further improves the ratio of health-promoting vs. disease-causing bacteria. Therefore, it keeps infections away.
Make sure to regularly include these foods in your daily routine to keep your immunity up and keep infections far away!
Basic Precautions In Monsoon:
Make sure that you follow these rules along with adding the top 7 foods that fight infections in your diet:
- Boil water before drinking or use ultraviolet/reverse osmosis filters
- Bathe regularly, wash your hands with soap and keep clean
- Remove all sources of stagnant water. Clean out desert coolers regularly
- Keep all the water reservoirs and tanks covered
- Use repellents to prevent mosquito bites. Cover up
Do’s and don’ts in monsoon to prevent infections
Drink plenty of vegetable soup
- Drink boiled and cooled water with a little honey
- Add ginger and green gram in the daily diet
- Eat light foods made of old barley, rice and wheat
- Wash vegetables with clean water and steam well to kill germs
- Keep surroundings dry and clean
- Dry your feet with a soft dry cloth whenever wet
- Don’t over-exert yourself physically
- Eat cooked foods and salads
- Don’t enter an air-conditioned room with wet hair and damp clothes
- Don’t allow water to stagnate
Source of nutrients
Some fruits and substances rich in these nutrients include:
- Amla: Amla is rich in vitamin C, tannins and pectins
- Ashwagandha: Helps control stress; regulates immunity
- Guduchi: For physical and mental strength; rejuvenates the immune system
- Kesar: Energises the body, promotes skin health
- Shatavari: Promotes health and helps build stamina
What are the best foods to fight infection?
Consuming foods high in vitamin C such as grapefruits, oranges, tangerines, sweet red pepper, broccoli, strawberries, kale, and kiwifruit are thought to increase white blood cell production, which is key to fighting infection.
What is the fastest way to reduce inflammation in the body?
Drink water — Drinking lots of water and staying properly hydrated is probably the easiest way to reduce inflammation. If your body is getting enough water, your joints will move more freely and easily — leading to less pain.
What foods kill inflammation?
The 13 Most Anti-Inflammatory Foods You Can Eat
- Berries. Berries are small fruits that are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Fatty fish. Fatty fish are a great source of protein and the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA.
- Green tea.
What are the 10 foods that fight inflammation?
Top 10 foods that fight inflammation Berries, including blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and more. Salmon, tuna and other fatty fish (yes, sardines, too). Nuts, including walnuts and almonds. Olive oil, especially extra virgin olive oil. Peppers, including bell and chili peppers.
What kills infection naturally?
Seven best natural antibiotics
- Garlic. Cultures across the world have long recognized garlic for its preventive and curative powers.
- Honey. Since the time of Aristotle, honey has been used as an ointment that helps wounds to heal and prevents or draws out infection.
How can I help my body fight infection?
Healthy ways to strengthen your immune system Don’t smoke. Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables. Exercise regularly. Maintain a healthy weight. If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation. Get adequate sleep. Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
What is the strongest natural anti-inflammatory?
Omega-3 fatty acids Omega-3 fatty acids , which are abundant in fatty fish such as cod, are among the most potent anti-inflammatory supplements. These supplements may help fight several types of inflammation, including vascular inflammation.
What are the 5 classic signs of inflammation?
Based on visual observation, the ancients characterised inflammation by five cardinal signs, namely redness (rubor), swelling (tumour), heat (calor; only applicable to the body’ extremities), pain (dolor) and loss of function (functio laesa).
Do bananas cause inflammation?
Researchers found that not only did both types of bananas reduce inflammation, they also had an antioxidant effect, which helped keep immune cells functioning optimally.
What can I drink for inflammation?
Here are five research-backed drinks that can help fight inflammation in your body.
- Baking soda + water. A recent study in the Journal of Immunologyfound drinking a tonic of baking soda and water may help reduce inflammation.
- Parsley + ginger green juice.
- Lemon + turmeric tonic.
- Bone broth.
- Functional food smoothie.
Can drinking water reduce inflammation?
Inflammation. Health experts recommend that a diet rich in anti-oxidants as well as staying hydrated with enough water are great ways to reduce inflammation in the body. Water is specifically recommended because it can flush toxins and other irritants out of the body.
What are the 3 foods to never eat?
AVOID: Refined Grains White flour. Bread. Pasta. Rice. Baked goods. Snack goods. Breakfast cereals.
Is coffee anti-inflammatory?
Coffee contains active compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce low grade inflammation and protect against certain diseases.
Are eggs inflammatory?
Eggs and their consumption can affect different people in different ways. To put it simply, research does suggest that eggs can cause inflammation based on factors like weight and presence of disease. And these factors will change whether the response is a positive or negative one.
Is Honey anti-inflammatory?
In addition to its use as a natural sweetener, honey is used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agent. People commonly use honey orally to treat coughs and topically to treat burns and promote wound healing.