We all are smitten with the Korean beauty trends and the splurge of glass skin products. One of the best skin care products is a moisturizer that nourishes and hydrates your skin giving it a glass glow sheen. Here we bring you the best Korean Night Creams to add to your everyday nighttime skincare routine that will give your skin a polished glass-like shine.
Is incorporating night cream in your skincare regimen necessary?
It varies! Using a day cream at night is OK for certain people. But it’s important to remember that day creams have a lighter texture and are made with specific ingredients like SPF and antioxidants to shield us from the sun’s harmful rays and other environmental stresses.
On the other hand, night creams typically contain substances that address specific skin issues. For instance, retinol night creams can lessen fine lines and wrinkles while ceramide night creams can aid with dryness. Board-certified dermatologists claim that the best time to refresh and rejuvenate the skin is at night.
So that the chemicals may better penetrate the skin as you sleep, night creams generally typically have thicker textures. Therefore, incorporating a night cream into your routine might be a wise investment to give your skin a chance it needs to repair and regenerate!
Korean day creams vs night creams
It is difficult to choose one cream at random from the vast selection available to you on the skincare market and call it day or night. You need to think about when and how you’ll apply the cream. There are creams designed exclusively for use at night and creams that are only appropriate for use during the day.
Day creams today are often thin and simple to layer. Day creams should be light enough to allow the other items to linger on your skin as most people apply sunscreen or makeup in the morning.
In contrast, the texture of night creams is often thicker. Since there is typically not much to do at night, the skin is less likely to be exposed to pollutants. Because they are calming to the skin and help to rejuvenate your skin as you sleep, night creams are the ideal final step in your nightly skincare routine.
Although the two creams have different purposes, having both is typically advised. If you’re generally pressed for time in the morning, you can forgo the day cream and instead for a night cream.
Applying night cream to your skin is the ideal method to end your day when you are busy in the morning and throughout the day. However, you can definitely use both day and night creams if you have plenty of time to get ready in the morning.
In the end, it all comes down to how much time you have to spend on skincare each day. However, if not, night creams are always an option to compensate for the stress and exposure you experienced throughout the day.
Important points to consider while buying Korean night creams
As fellow Korean beauty enthusiasts, we understand the pure delight that comes with finding a new skincare item to incorporate into your regimen, whether it’s a night cream or a cleansing balm.
We are also aware of how discouraging it might be to learn that your new buy isn’t working and isn’t benefiting your skin. We are here to assist because of this.
There are certain crucial considerations to keep in mind while shopping for a new Korean night cream to make sure you get the one that is ideal for you.
For some people, selecting the best Korean night creams involves some trial and error. However, if you want to lessen the mistakes, be sure to pick a night cream that is designed for your particular skin type. Here are the most typical skin types:
- Normal: You don’t have many blemishes, pores, or other flaws, and the texture of your skin is generally smooth and shiny. You also rarely react to new products.
- Oily: Typically oily or glossy, prone to blackheads and acne, and sometimes with larger, more noticeable pores, your face has these characteristics.
- Dry: Your face may appear dull or rough, feel flaky and rough, feel itchy and easily irritated, and have more obvious wrinkles.
- Sensitive: Your face may be normal, oily, or dry, but it is vulnerable to irritation, triggers, and harsh chemicals that can cause redness, itching, or dryness.
- Combination: Your face may have oily patches here and normal or dry patches there.
Your skin type will determine the best Korean night creams. You must pick one that can meet your needs. You can accomplish this by carefully examining the components of your night cream. Here is a brief guide you can use:
- Anti-aging: Consider using night creams that contain active components like retinol, vitamin C, peptides, coenzyme Q10, and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which encourage cell regeneration.
- Pale skin: Look for night creams that have AHAs, beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), and lactic acid, which gently exfoliates the face, to brighten the complexion.
- Dry, parched skin: Use a night cream containing ceramides, glycerin, hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and emollients on your dry skin for smoother, plumper skin.
- Acne-prone, oily skin: Here, texture and consistency are the key factors. Choose lightweight or gel-like creams that don’t feel overly oily to avoid plugged pores.
- Redness and swelling: To calm your skin, choose a night cream containing niacinamide, licorice root, vitamin E, glycerin, ceramides, ambophenol, and oats.
- Skin sensitivity: In addition to creams with pure and hypoallergenic compositions, you should search for elements that calm the skin, such as rice extract, aloe vera, ceramides, and Centella Asiatica.
Cream formulations & consistency
When selecting a night cream, you should also take into account your skin type and skin issues. Be sure to keep the following in mind:
Creams/Gels: You might see greater results with night creams that have a gel consistency if you have normal to oily skin. Meanwhile, the additional moisture that heavier creams offer may be advantageous for people with dry, sensitive, or aged skin.
Active Ingredients: You want a night cream that works to calm, repair, and renew your skin while you sleep. Active ingredients to look for include Centella Asiatica, AHAs, colloidal oatmeal, and retinol.
Don’t Use Toxic Chemicals: Avoid night creams that contain alcohol, parabens, irritants, allergens, perfumes, and other compounds that can harm or irritate your skin. The majority of K-beauty products are safe and free of these damaging chemicals, which is a plus.
Best Korean night creams: List of top 5
1. Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream
Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream provides anti-aging and brightening properties while caring for damaged, dry skin and significantly improving moisture retention. A gentle moisturizer should be applied on top of any product containing snail extract in order to fully absorb the contents into your skin.
Buy Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream here.
2. Laneige Blue Hyaluronic Cream Moisturizer
A rich cream that gives replenishing, long-lasting hydration, visibly firms skin, and enhances skin’s moisture barrier. It provides nourishing moisture and excellent, long-lasting hydration.
Buy Laneige Blue Hyaluronic Cream Moisturizer here.
3. COSRX Daily Acne Facial Moisturizer
All skin types, especially sensitive and oily skin, can benefit from this lightweight daily moisturizer. Its water-gel structure and non-sticky finish enable the lotion to swiftly and thoroughly sink into the skin without leaving any trace.
Buy COSRX Daily Acne Facial Moisturizer here.
4. Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
The main component of the Blue Cream, guaiazulene, is a naturally occurring substance that is obtained from camomile oil. It has a naturally violet hue, which gradually fades after blending to leave the cream with a soft blue hue.
Buy Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream here.
5. belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
Skin receives intense hydration from this soothing moisturizing cream, becoming supple, smooth, and richly nourished. It leaves skin feeling incredibly hydrated, soft, and supple. Additionally, it makes the skin more resilient for faultless makeup application.
Buy belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb here.
Korean night creams: Final thoughts
These are the best Korean night creams to watch out for when perusing websites and skincare aisles, so there you have it. One of these will undoubtedly become your coveted night cream, we promise.
Even if you don’t use several different skincare products, a night cream is typically great if you want to wake up with bright, hydrated, and glowing skin. Until you try one, you won’t trust your eyes.
Have a great skin day and thanks for reading, maybe you enjoyed this article.