Refreshing Summer Salads
Summer is here! And what better way to celebrate the season than with a light, refreshing salad? We’ve put together 6 refreshing summer salads that are perfect for summer. They’re simple, tasty, and totally worthy. And best of all, they’re easy to make — so you can get back outside and enjoy the sunshine while you eat.
Easy Refreshing Summer Salads
If you’re looking for inspiration on refreshing summer salads, you’ve come to the right place. Whether it’s an end-of-day BBQ with friends, indulging in a lunch treat, or a hectic working day requiring a quick and easy lunch, we are here to help with this curation of easy refreshing summer salads.
1. Fresh Tomato And Fennel Salad
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sugar
- 500g mixed tomatoes
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 small pack of tarragon leaves
- 3 fennel bulbs
- 1⁄2 small pack parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 small pack of mint leaves
Steps To Make Fresh Tomato And Fennel Salad
- Bake at 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Cut one lemon into small rounds. Spread them on a baking tray.
- Drizzle 1/2 tbsp of oil over the top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for between 20 and 25 minutes until they are shriveled in spots. You may need to keep an eye on them as you might have to remove some from the oven. These can also be made in the morning and stored at room temperature.
- While the lemons cook, chop the tomatoes and slice the fennel thinly while the fronds are still intact. Combine the olive oil, juice of the other lemon, and the pomegranate seed seeds in a bowl.
- Give everything a good mix and season to taste.
- Once you are ready to serve, chop all the herbs.
2. Summer Salad With English Dressing
Ingredients For Salad With English Dressing
- 400g new-season potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 bundles of French Breakfast Radishes, washed
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and chopped
- A small number of dill fronds, chopped
- 100ml Rapeseed oil
- 20g English mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- white caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, toasted
Steps For Making English Dressing Summer Salad
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Once the potatoes are tender, let them steam-dry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the dressing ingredients together, then halve and toss the warm potatoes with the dressing.
- Toss the ingredients and potatoes separately in a bowl and serve.
Cool Refreshing Summer Salads
The end of the workweek during summer is nigh, and we all deserve a reward. Treat yourself with cool refreshing summer salads that you can enjoy on the patio or make for yourself. The two choices below were selected for their delectably healthy proportions, low in calories, and high in nutrition. Hope you enjoy them!
3. Cool Strawberry And Watermelon Salad
Ingredients for this refreshing watermelon salad
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
Steps to make cool strawberry and watermelon salad
- Combine watermelon, strawberries, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Toss with salt and pepper.
- Serve with basil on top.
4. Simple Greek Salad
Ingredients For Simple Greek Salad
- 1 part grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- cucumber, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup halved kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Steps For Simple Greek Salad
- Mix the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl. Gently fold in the feta.
- Make the dressing by whisking together vinegar, lemon juice, and oregano in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly add olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
Refreshing Summer Salads With Fruit
Summer is in full swing and that means so many things. Family vacations, outdoor meals, catching fireflies, and… food! Everyone has heard of a great cheeseburger or a delish grilled steak. But you won’t hear a lot about summer salads. It’s almost like people have forgotten that there are refreshing summer salads with fruit for the summertime too!
5. Simple Salad Recipe With Fruits
Ingredients For Simple Fruit Salad
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
Steps For Simple Fruit Salad
- Over medium heat, bring orange juice, brown sugar, and orange zest to a boil in an over-heated saucepan.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Allow cooling.
- In this order: strawberries, blueberries, oranges, and bananas.
- The fruit should be covered with the sauce. Cover the fruit and let it cool in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours.
6. Avocado Fruit Salad
Ingredients For Avocado Fruit Salad
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled & thinly sliced
- 3 medium mangoes, thinly sliced and peeled
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest or tangerine
- 1/4 cup orange or tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Steps For Making Avocado Fruit Salad
- Arrange avocados and fruits on a plate.
- Sprinkle with mint and almonds.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pour over salad and serve.
What is a great summer salad?
Panzanella is everyone’s favorite summer dish. Panzanella is a big, delicious loaf of bread that’s tossed with summer fruits and a good vinaigrette. These salads can be served as a side dish, but they also make great main dishes.
What are the 5 types of salads?
Salad is any one of the many dishes that fall under the main categories of green salads, vegetable salads, salads of legumes or grains, mixed salads with meat, seafood, or both.
How can I make my salad more flavorful?
You can enhance the flavor of your salad by adding herbs and spices. These add flavor and health benefits. Basil, mint, parsley, and chives are all great options. You can use thyme in chicken salads, parsley and grains, and cilantro with avocados and peppers.
What are healthy salads?
Adds some crunch to the leafy greens by adding carrots, cucumbers, or broccoli. Add some color with tomatoes, bell peppers, and beets. You can also add leftovers from last night, like sweet potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, and asparagus.
How do you make summer cucumber salad?
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions with the basil. Use olive oil and vinegar to drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Serve immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What is good to put on a salad?
- Greens, such as lettuce, spinach, kale, mixed greens, or arugula.
- Nuts and Seeds.
- Dried Fruit.
- Whole Grains.
- Beans and Legumes.
- Fresh Fruit.
- Baked Tortilla or Pita Chips.
- Shredded Hard Cheeses.