Ajwain Water Benefits For Weight Loss – 3 Ways to add ajwain to your diet
Do you suffer from obesity? Are you tired of all the tips to burn fat, with dents in your pockets due to over-consumption of various supplements that promise weight loss?
You don’t need to have deep pockets to reduce your weight. Therefore, we are sure you would be awestruck to know that the magic formula which will be unveiled today, has been lying in your kitchen all along! Often used in our daily recipes, the Bishop’s Weed or ajwain can help you achieve your dream weight! Read on to know more.
When you unfold the pages of Ayurveda or the traditional medicine used in India, ajwain undoubtedly enjoys the special place. Often used for treating flatulence and stomach bloating in the ancient days, ajwain has medicinal properties that make it miraculous. It was also used to treat alcoholism and nasal congestion.
How to use ajwain for weight loss
Given its pungent taste, one may refrain from consuming it, but when you know the benefits, you might want to ignore its strong flavor. Originally from Persia, ajwain contains thymol, an essential oil that contains antibacterial properties. Rich in fiber and antioxidants, ajwain helps in providing relief from stomach bloating, if taken regularly.
You might have heard of green tea but trust us ajwain tea can be even more beneficial than the regular green tea bags that you purchase from stores.
- Take a teaspoon of ajwain seeds, roast them and keep aside
- Now boil water
- Mix the roasted ajwain seeds with boiling water and stir well
- Drain the water and drink it twice a day
Ajwain With Honey:
If you are not used to having tea or hot beverages, then ajwain with honey is the ideal solution:
- Mix roasted ajwain seeds in a glass of water
- Let it soak overnight
- Filter the water and mix it with a tablespoon of honey
- Drink it twice a day for a couple of days to see the results
Just in case you feel lethargic to prepare tea or don’t like honey, you have another option:
- Grind ajwain seeds to make a fine powder
- Store the powder in an airtight bag
- Take two tablespoons of ajwain powder, mix it in a glass of water and drink it 30 minutes before your meals.