Health Benefits Of Nose Piercing
Here is an article that talks exclusively about nose piercing, nose piercing benefits, myths about nose piercing, nose piercing FAQs, etc. Let us dive deep into the article to know more about various other nose piercing aspects. Piercing is a process that involves making a hole in various parts of the body like the nose, eyebrows, septum, ears, belly button, chin, etc., depending on the choice of an individual. Amongst these, ear piercing and nose piercing are the most common ones. Check out the different types of nose rings.
Nose Piercing Benefits
Nose piercing benefits are many according to different cultures and customs followed by people across the world. Some scientists may strike off the scientific benefits of nose piercing by saying there is no proof of test for it. Various benefits of getting a nose piercing are several health benefits, religious benefits, a style statement, and more.
Female body piercing is the most common way to present a woman’s fashion sense and aesthetics. Well, a nose piercing is not gender-specific. However, we get to see most women getting their noses piercings for various reasons, as mentioned above. Let us look at the benefits of nose piercing in different dimensions.
1. Respiratory problems:
Nose piercing for respiratory problems is a thing! However, improving your respiratory health with the help of a nose pin depends on the material you use as a nose piercing stud and its size. The use of metal of high quality in small size can be beneficial.
2. Female Vitality and Child Birth:
Nose piercing is quite an important tradition in Indian households due to various reasons. One of the most important reasons is that a nose pin with good quality metal can actually regulate female vitality. People also believe that it helps ease the process of childbirth.
3. Mental Health:
Some of the studies say that a nose piercing can be responsible for regulating one’s mental health and brain functioning. There is also a belief that the wavelengths of the brain are regulated therefore making it easier to handle one’s mental health.
4. Immune System:
Piercing, in general, is said to be good for improving the immune system, according to acupuncture. There is also a belief that a nose piercing with a good quality metal purifies the quality of air that a person takes in, improving the immune system through relatively purified air.
Nose piercing also represents the significance of nose piercing in Hinduism. Also, Piercing a nostril is a religious act of worshipping the goddess Parvati according to some mythological writings of Hinduism.
6. Style Statement:
Here is a benefit of nose piercing for someone who doesn’t believe in following cultures and traditions! A nose piercing stud is a style statement in today’s world. A nose pin represents your choice, personality, and interest.
Though there are many nose piercing advantages and disadvantages, the benefits of nose piercing on the left side and right side are different for different genders. According to the book of Ayurveda of India, the nerves passing through the left nostril in women are directly associated with the reproductive system. On the other hand, the benefits of nose piercing for males are associated with a man getting a nose piercing on the right nostril, according to Chinese studies.
Myths About Nose Piercing
Let us now bust some nose piercing myths that are circulated on the internet.
- Gunshot method of piercing is less painful: It depends on the sensitivity of your skin.
- One can use any material as a nose stud: Using a good quality metal is important to lower the risk of infections or a nose piercing bump.
- Keep removing the stud often: Removing the nose stud and keeping it back often is a big no-no if you want your piercing to heal completely. However, you will have to move it a just a little to circulate air through the piercing.
- Hydrogen peroxide is the best antiseptic: Hydrogen peroxide is said to be destroying the cells of connective tissue. Make sure to use natural antiseptic, i.e., turmeric powder.
- The piercing closes immediately after you remove the stud: Different people take different time span. It depends on the healing capacity of one’s body.
Nose Piercing FAQ
- How to choose a nose piercing stud? Since a nose pin stays with your body all the time, choosing the right nose pin for your piercing should depend on your comfort and interest.
- How long does it take for a nose piercing to heal? It depends on the sensitivity of your skin, the piercing procedure, and the healing capacity of your body.
- How much does it cost for getting my nose piercing? It depends on the choice of metal, method of piercing, design, and type of nose stud for any nose piercing.
- What are different types of nose piercing? There are many types of nose studs. A few of them are twist type, bone type, pin type, screw type, L shaped, etc.
Is getting a nose piercing worth it? Well, the answer for it is definitely a YES if you choose to get a nose piercing after you read this article about nose piercing benefits, the frequently asked questions about nose piercing, etc. Make sure to look keen on the myths that we have busted for you in terms of nose piercing. Remember! The choice of getting yourself a nose piercing should be completely yours depending on your own beliefs, logical reasons, and research that you do on it!