Homemade And Easy Summer Drinks With Recipes
During the summer, the heat soars very high, leaving everyone feeling tiring, sweaty, and thirsty. The most important factor during the summer season is to have proper hydration so that you can keep on going while maintaining good health. As there is excessive sweating during this season, your body loses water at a speedy pace. Even though water is the essential drink while quenching your thirst, you can try out a variety of summer beverages that replenishes and refreshes your body and satisfy your thirst at the same time. These drinks can cool down your body, and you are easily able to beat the summer heat. Also some more refreshing summer drinks for you with recipes.
We provide a list of easy summer drinks that refresh and replenish your body for the summer heat.
1. Buttermilk (Chaas)
Chaas or buttermilk is a remarkable drink based on highly popular curd. Buttermilk is a brilliant digestive, and adding spices like cumin only enhances the advantages of this drink. Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups plain curd
- A bunch of coriander leaves
- Two green chilies, chopped
- Four curry leaves
- 1 tsp black salt
- Add all the ingredients together in the curd without adding water.
- Use a mixer, blend the mixture well.
- Put the juice into a container, add two cold cups of water, and then blend it well such that there are no chunks and refrigerate it at least for 20 minutes.
- Serve it with chaat masala and coriander on top.
Do not miss out on the most sought-after summer drink, lemonade, as it is a quick-to-make drink and is amazingly delicious. This beverage is usually prepared using mint leaves, sugar, salt, lemon, and water. However, you can liven it up by adding cumin, coriander powder, and black pepper. Here is the recipe:
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup soda water
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp black salt
- Ice cubes
- Put black pepper, coriander powder, black salt, cumin powder, sugar, and lemon juice in a glass.
- Pour the soda water into that glass.
- Stir it very well so that all the ingredients mix well together
- Top it with ice and serve chilled.
3. Watermelon juice
We all know that one of the most liked summer fruit is watermelon, and its juice is even better. The watermelon juice is very refreshing, and its hydrating characteristics help keep your body hydrated and refreshed. Here is a recipe:
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 Lemon
- Small piece of Ginger
- Few Mint leaves
- Sugar (if preferred)
- Scoop out the watermelon and extract the seeds from it and then add it to a blender. Then add the lemon juice, Ginger and Mint leaves, and sugar if you prefer, and then mix it.
- After blending the mixture, add 2 cups of chilled water and remix it till it is smooth and frothy.
- Pour the juice into a glass and serve it with some black pepper on top.
4. Barley water
This juice is an ancient remedy for good health, and it is the best for summers. You need pearl barley, salt, water, and a bit of honey and lemon to make this elixir. Here is the recipe:
- ¼ cup pearl barley
- A pinch of salt
- 4 cups of water
- A drizzle of honey
- One lemon rind
- The first thing is to add pearl barley and water to a saucepan and boil it.
- Add the salt and let the mixture cook on a low flame. You can mix up the grains a little using a spoon.
- Strain the juice into a glass and top with a drizzle of honey and lemon rind and let it be in the fridge for 30 minutes, and then serve it.
5. Coconut water
One beverage that can make you happy instantly on a hot summer day is a glass of chilled coconut water. The fresh taste and mild sweetness make this the best drink for summer blues at bay and is also a significant electrolyte, so each time you feel drained and dehydrated, load your glass with some coconut water, and you will be instantly refreshed. Coconut is readily available in markets.
6. Sugarcane Juice
For a lot of problems, sugarcane juice is a natural solution. Sugarcane juice helps build up body fluids and plasma, allowing one to encounter dullness and dehydration, and it is also an energy drink. You can also add mint leaves and black salt to enhance the taste of your summer drink.
7. Sattu Juice (or Sattu Sharbat)
Sattu juice or sharbat is one of India’s particular juice, especially in Bihar, that keeps your body cool even on the hottest summer day. It is usually just made of sattu flour, water, and sugar. It is also fulfilling and refreshing at the same time. Here is the recipe for this refreshing drink:
- 50 gm sattu flour
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 15 gm sugar
- 100 ml water
- 2-3 gm of cumin powder (roasted)
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Take a container and add water to it. Then add sattu flour, fresh lemon juice, and sugar to the container.
- To mix the ingredients properly, stir the mixture constantly.
- In a tall glass, pour the mixture till it reaches just slightly below the rim.
- Add two to three pieces of ice cubes to the juice to make the drink cool down.
- You can garnish the drink with a pinch of roasted cumin powder because it will enhance the taste of your sattu drink.
The word ‘Jaljeera’ literally stands for ‘jal’ that is water, and ‘jeera’ that is cumin seeds, so this drink is made of water and cumin. The cumin seeds are put into the pan for few minutes for roasting purposes and made into a coarse powder, and then it is mix with water.
The jaljeera solution is best for those dealing with digestion problems, mainly seen throughout the summer season. Gulp down a cool and refreshing glass of jaljeera, and you will be able to endure the unbearable summer heat. Here is the recipe of jaljeera:
- 3 tbsp mint leaves
- ¾ tsp ground cumin (roasted)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 125 gm tamarind pulp
- 50 gm fragment jaggery
- 4 tsp black salt
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger salt or gourmet flavor salt
- ½ tsp garam masala
- A pinch of chili powder
- ½ liter water
- Add all the above-given ingredients to the food mixer and blend it all.
- Chill the juice overnight and then strain it and chill it again.
- Top the drinks up with some boondis and then serve it.