How long does chia pudding last in the fridge?
A bowl of chia pudding can be a healthy breakfast option for people who are trying to lose weight or are watching their calorie intake. It has lots of fiber and protein which helps to keep you full longer than other breakfast options. The dominant ingredient in chia pudding is chia seeds, check Do chia seeds go bad before making your dish. A lot of people have different opinions on what goes into making a good chia pudding recipe besides chia seeds. Some people like it with just water while others prefer to add fruit or nuts for flavor.
Chia Pudding Recipe
Here is the recipe for banana chia pudding. You can add some more favorite fruits along with the sliced banana.
Ingredients For Banana Chia Pudding
- chia seeds, 4 teaspoons
- 1.5 cup coconut milk (light or thin), almond milk, or cashew milk
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar (or more as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 banana and other fruits, sliced
- 3 to 4 sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts
Recipe For Homemade Coconut and Banana Chia Pudding
- In two glasses, evenly divide the chia seeds, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and ground cardamom or ground cinnamon.
- Mix everything until the coconut sugar dissolves completely.
- If there are any lumps, break them up with a spoon.
- Cover and chill the glasses for 2 hours, or longer if desired, or overnight.
- Remove the glasses from the fridge after two hours or later.
- Re-stir and break up any lumps that may have formed. The pudding would have thickened as a result of the thickening.
- Add chopped fruits and nuts to the top.
- Serve immediately.
Shelf Life Of Different Chia Pudding Recipes And Storage Methods
Homemade Chia Pudding
Chia pudding is a superfood that can be made at home. The best thing about homemade chia pudding is that it lasts for up to a week, so you can make it ahead of time and have breakfast ready when you wake up.
How long does homemade chia pudding last in the fridge? Homemade chia pudding can last up to two weeks in the fridge. The chia seeds will keep their texture, but they might start to clump together if they are stored in the fridge for too long. Make sure to stir it well before serving.
Coconut Chia Pudding
Coconut milk chia pudding is a healthy and filling breakfast option. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover fruits or vegetables from the fridge. Coconut milk chia pudding is a vegan and gluten-free breakfast option. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Chia Pudding In The Fridge
Do you have to refrigerate chia pudding? Yes, it is important to refrigerate chia pudding, both for the taste and to increase the shelf life. We recommend putting the chia pudding in the fridge overnight. Well, doing it for just four hours will also do the job if you can’t resist gulping it away! After four hours serve the pudding and top it up with your favorite toppings.
Some people believe that you should leave chia pudding in the refrigerator for no more than three days. Others say that it can last up to a week. The truth is, it all depends on the quality of your chia pudding and how well you store it.
You should store it in the fridge for up to three days before consuming it. If you are not going to eat it within three days, then you should freeze it for a longer period of time in airtight containers, which can last up to six weeks.
Some Signs Of Expired Chia Pudding
Well, we all love chia pudding. Can chia pudding go bad? The seeds absorb water when they are soaked in milk or other liquids, which creates the pudding consistency. Chia seeds also act as a thickener by absorbing more liquid than other ingredients would. And as we know, anything filled with moisture is more likely to go bad faster than items with relatively less moisture. Therefore, chia pudding can go bad!