How To Get Rid Of Open Pores Naturally
With our sedentary lifestyles, increasing levels of pollution and with the continuous use of chemically laden skincare products, getting flawless, beautiful skin is quite a challenge! Moreover, all of these negative factors can damage the skin and lead to blackheads, acne, and open pores. Some effective open pores home remedies can help minimize pores and hence stop the skin damage.
What Are Pores?
The skin has several pores/openings that help it to breathe and stay healthy. These pores are more evident in those who have oily skin and dead skin cells.
However, open pores can be unhealthy for the skin, as they tend to produce greater amounts of sebum. The production of excess oil (sebum) from the pores eventually results in blockages, causing damage to the skin.
Easily visible with the naked eye, open pores tend to make healthy skin look dull and lifeless. Therefore, it is important to take some necessary steps to prevent the occurrence of open pores, but rather than opting for chemically infused skincare products, it’s best to choose natural remedies.
What Causes Open Pores?
- Failing to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Overly active sebaceous (oil)glands eventually result in open pores over a period of time.
- Not removing makeup before sleeping, or not washing off dirt, debris, and pollution.
- Age also plays a pivotal role; our skin changes in appearance and texture as collagen is depleted, leading to reduced elasticity of the skin.
- Excessive sweating results in pores getting clogged and enlarged over time.
- Consuming oily foods leads to excess oil secretion in the skin.
- Unhealthy eating habits, smoking, and hormonal changes cause excess oil secretion and lead to open pores.
Open Pores Home Remedies | How To Minimize Pores On Face:
The skin needs to be thoroughly cleansed, hydrated, and consistently maintained to avoid dead skin cells and debris build-up, all of which eventually clogs and obstructs the pores, making it difficult for the skin to breathe and stay healthy. So here are a few natural remedies that will help make your skin healthy and radiant.
Ways To Get Rid Of Open Pores:
No more open, large pores with these home remedies and eventually avoid acne, blackheads, and any other skin issues.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar For Skin Pores:
A natural toner, ACV shrinks enlarged pores in their current size and shape. It also tightens the skin, boosts skin elasticity, and even prevents the occurrence of blemishes while correcting the skin’s natural pH balance.
- Take a cup of water and add about 1/8th quantity of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Soak cotton in the mixture and apply it generously on your open pores; let your skin absorb the apple cider vinegar.
- After 10-15 minutes wash your face with cold water.
2. Cucumber And Lemon Juice For Skin Pores:
The blend of cucumber and lemon corrects uneven skin texture and tone. It not only cools the skin but also has skin-lightening properties that lend a youthful glow to the skin.
- Take five-seven slices of cucumber and combine it with two tablespoons of lemon juice and blend them
- Apply this mixture on your entire face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes wash your face with cold water.
3. Banana Peel For Skin Pores:
Banana contains lutein which is a strong antioxidant that helps in boosting good skin health. Moreover, the banana peel has surprising benefits for the skin.
- Take a banana and gently scrub its inner peel on your skin
- Let it stay for 20-25 minutes and wash it off
- Do this regularly for best results
4. Lemon Juice And Sugar Scrub For Skin Pores:
Sugar helps remove dead skin cells, therefore it works as an excellent exfoliator. Its sharp edges remove all the built-up impurities, thereby unclogging the skin and minimizing the size of open pores.
- Take sugar in a container and add lemon juice to it
- Mix both ingredients well to form a smooth paste
- Apply this paste all over your face and massage it on your skin
- Keep it on for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with cold water later
5. Turmeric For Skin Pores:
Turmeric kills all the bacteria that may be breeding in your pores and inflaming them. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce any swelling and shrink the pore size.
- Mix the turmeric with water to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this on the affected area and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water. Use this remedy every alternate day.
6. Tea Tree Oil For Skin Pores:
The astringent properties of tea tree oil help in reducing pore size and also diminishing their appearance. This essential oil is also a potent antimicrobial agent
- Pour the water into the spray bottle, add the tea tree oil, and shake well.
- Store this bottle in the refrigerator.
- Once it is cool, spritz some of this water all over your face.
- Let this water evaporate naturally. Use this spray as a facial toner every morning and evening on a clean face.
7. Honey For Skin Pores:
The antioxidants present in honey will make your skin look young and healthy all the time. It acts as a natural astringent and tightens those large open pores, especially those visible around the nose area
- Apply honey on all the affected areas on your face.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Rinse again with cool water. Apply honey every day or every alternate day on your face.
Open Pores Skincare Routine Tips | Open Pores Dos And Don’ts:
The following tips along with the above open pores home remedies are collected from doctors and skin specialists.
Follow A Proper Cleansing Routine For Open Pores
It is very essential to follow a proper skin routine that involves cleansing, toning, and moisturizing the skin. Also, always remove excess makeup and chemical y infused products from your skin to reduce the formation of debris and dead skin cells on your skin.
Avoid Excessive Exfoliation:
Though it is essential to exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and debris to make your skin naturally glow, over-exfoliation of your skin can have reverse effects, as it strips it of its natural oils, making it dry and dehydrated.
Select Products Wisely:
It is important to pick your cosmetics according to your skin type and condition. Look for products that are non-comedogenic, free from artificial fragrances, dermatologically tested, and are formulated with natural ingredients. Also, go for products that have alpha-hydroxy acids.
Avoid Smoking And Unhealthy Food:
Your skin is a true reflection of what you eat. Therefore, indulging in unhealthy foods and smoking can have irreversible effects on your skin. It can also eventually lead to blemishes, spots, and patchiness.
Protect Your Skin With Vitamin C:
This vitamin is very effective for skin health, as it is a powerhouse of antioxidants that removes toxins and protects the skin. Many sunscreens are also enriched with vitamin C.
How do you get rid of open pores naturally?
So, here are a few home remedies that you can try, in order to shrink your large pores:
- Ice cubes. Applying ice cubes on the skin is one of the most effective ways to get rid of large pores.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Egg whites.
- Sugar scrub.
- Baking soda.
- Multani mitti.
- Tomato scrub.
How do I get rid of open pores?
Here are eight effective ways to reduce the appearance of large pores:
- Choosing water-based products.
- Washing the face both morning and night.
- Choosing gel-based cleansers.
- Moisturizing daily.
- Applying a clay mask.
- Always removing makeup at night.
- Wearing sunscreen.
How can I permanently tighten my pores?
There is no way to permanently change your pore size. But while you can’t shrink large pores, you can make them appear smaller. Despite all of their claims and wonderful promises, toners, cleansers, or other skin care products can’t close your pores.
Can open pores be treated naturally?
Applying egg masks o your face can be an excellent remedy for open pores which can also be used to treat acne. Take the egg white and mix it with the oatmeal and lemon juice to make an even paste. Put the paste on your face and let it remain for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.
Can ice close pores?
We tell you how. Ice has a skin-tightening effect, which helps minimise enlarged pores and also stimulate blood circulation. Method: After cleansing the face, wrap ice cubes in a clean cloth and apply it on the areas with open pores for a few seconds at a time.
Can turmeric cure open pores?
The anti-inflammatory qualities can target your pores and calm the skin. Turmeric is also known to reduce scarring. This combination of uses may help your face clear up from acne breakouts.
Are open pores permanent?
You really can never shrink pores permanently. But, enlarged open pores can be made to appear smaller or less obvious. Regular cleansing and exfoliation to clear sebum, makeup, dirt and dead skin build up is the best way to keep pores clean and clog-free.
Can you reduce pore size?
Pore size is genetically determined, so you can’t actually shrink pores. … The bad news is that pore size is genetically determined, so you can’t actually shrink pores. However, some products and treatments can minimize the appearance of pores, but none of them are permanent solutions.
Is open pores good or bad?
While not a medical concern, open pores can be a cosmetic issue for some people who do not like the way their skin looks. In adolescents, and in adults who are prone to acne, open pores may become clogged, turning into blackheads or whiteheads.
Why face pores are big?
The main cause of enlarged pores is excessive sebum production. Each pore contains a sebaceous (oil) gland that secretes sebum. And when sebaceous glands produce excess oil, it leads to oily skin. Although sebum acts as a natural moisturiser for the skin; excess production is a big problem.
Is baking soda good for pores?
What to use instead. Baking soda does little to remove the material that clogs your pores and lead to blackheads. … The treatment and prevention of future blackheads should include a method to get rid of the dead skin cells that are clogging your pores while also eliminating excess oil.
Which fruit is good for skin pores?
Pomegranate has the highest amount of antioxidants that prevent blocking of pores and give you clean skin. Eat a bowlful of pomegranate seeds or squeeze them into some refreshing juice that can open up those pores and let your skin breathe. Papaya contains enzymes that help rejuvenate your skin.
Is honey good for open pores?
Honey’s antioxidants, antiseptic and antibacterial properties make this ingredient a go-to for fighting acne. It’ll open your pores and get rid of those pesky blackheads while keeping your skin hydrated all day long.
Is Multani Mitti good for open pores?
Fuller’s earth (multani mitti) is a great remedy for treating open pores on the face. Mix together some fuller’s earth with rosewater to make a paste. … Fuller’s earth can leave your skin really dry, so avoid leaving it on your skin for a long time. – Mix 2 tbsp oatmeal, 2 tbsp lemon juice and one egg white.
How use Multani Mitti for open pores?
How to use Multani Mitti for Large Open Pores Take one tbsp of Multani Mitti in a bowl. Add two tbsp of rose water to it. You can replace rose water with tomato juice or curd, whichever works for you the best. Mix it properly to form a thick paste. Now, apply the paste over your face evenly.