Anulom Vilom Pranayam:
The Anulom Vilom Prayayam technique of breathing helps to balance and harmonize the functioning of the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
Anulom Vilom Pranayam has a soothing effect on the nervous system and calms the mind. Because the exhalations are longer than the inhalations, it encourages the removal of stale air and toxins, resulting in glowing and smooth skin.
Anulom Vilom Pranayam Steps:
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position with the spine erect and palms on the thighs.
- Raise the right hand, curling the right forefinger and middle finger into the palm, leaving thumb, the fourth finger, and little finger extended.
- Then place the thumb on the right side of the nose and apply gentle pressure just under the bone, where the fleshy part of the nose begins.
- Inhale through the left nostril to the count of four and then exhale from the right nostril to the count of eight.
- Now inhale from the right nostril for four counts and exhale from the left nostril for eight counts.
- This is one round of the pranayama (breathing exercise). Do 10 rounds; then breathe normally.