All About Elderberry Gummies
Elderberry gummies are tasty to children and interesting even to adult people. As people grow older, they tend to get weaker and more open to diseases. A lot of this has to do with the weak immune system of the body from childhood.
Experts say if someone does not get proper nutrition from childhood, they may have a weak immune response in the adult. But kids do not like to eat nutritious stuff with zero taste. Elderberry gummies are a lifesaver here.
These gummies taste great and contain a hell of a lot of anti-oxidants. Other than that, it is famous for its immunity-boosting properties, which help kids to fight flu.
Many of you are surely thinking that if it is natural or not? Yes. It is completely safe to consume for everyone.
About elderberry syrup
Elderberry gummies use elderberry syrup for their preparation. There are certain ways you can get your hand on the elderberry syrup. You can buy elderberry syrup from a local store, or you can make it at home. Store-bought syrups often have other ingredients like alcohol or vinegar.
If you feel like you don’t want to go with the store ones, you need to make it at home. Raw honey and dried elderberries will do the work for that. You can add lemon and cloves to enhance the health properties of the gummies.
Cinamon is also there to increase the properties of the gummies.
How to store the gummies?
Storing gummies is an easy step. It is all about finding the perfect mold. Kids especially like the little bear molds too much. But it can be anything interesting to kids.
Kids do not want to take liquid medicine for a long period. But who does not like little gummies?
The molds vary in size and in different details. The amount of gummies you will make in a day completely depends on the molds you use. If you use a bear mold, you will get around one hundred and sixty-five gummies.
- At first, you need to make sure your gummies do not stick to the molds after freezing. For that purpose, use coconut oil. This will help prevent sticking.
- Add water of around half a cup to the syrup and stir quickly until it reaches a smooth state.
- Put the rest of the syrup and stir also.
- Pour this into the molds.
- Refrigeration is the option that remains after doing all these. Put the molds into the freezer for two hours until it reaches a stable state.
- Now you need to pop the gummies out of the mold, and you need an airtight container now. Put the gummies into the airtight container.
As I told you before, the nutrition values of the gummies are huge. Many fitness freak people often wonder, are the gummies consist of high calories? The answer is a big no. Only seventeen to eighteen calories are there in two gummies.
It has all the important micro-nutrients that one can expect. Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fat, Sodium, Fiber are there.
There are 2.7 grams of carbohydrates and 0.8 grams of protein for two gummies. For fast, it has 0.5 grams. There are two milligrams of sodium in there and 0.1 gram offiber also.
Some Do’s and Don’ts
- It is known that the mixture thickens up quickly but even then, try to use less water. It will help you with storing your gummies in bulk.
- A paper towel is good if you plant to prevent the moisture. Place the paper towel on the airtight container and then close the lid. Don’t forget to change it periodically. It helps to block the moisture.
- Avoid putting in the freeze, which is humid for some time. Make the freeze cold and block some moisture.
- Some like raw honey in their gummies. But also you can add sugar there. It depends on preferences.
- If you wish to use it for a very long time, then use a freezer bag and airtight container. Gummies can stay in the freezer for as long as twelve months.
- You can have the gummies throughout the year also. In fact, you can have them every other season.
If you think there is only a certain type of gummy, is there. Then, my friend, you’re mistaken. Conventionally children take these gummies to fight flu. If that is the case, you can think of any immunity booster herb available near you.
You can also use a certain type of herb that provides other health benefits. All I am saying is that by know you are sure of this thing that it is customizable. You can choose what to add according to your needs.
For example, ginger is a good choice to add to your elderberry gummies.
I can provide you with some examples.
- If you want to help your immune system further, use Echinacea.
- You can add anti-microbial herbs like lavender.
- Medicinal mushrooms are a very good option to add to your gummies too.
How many gummies are safe for a day?
If we are talking about children and giving your child gummies every other day, it is better to talk to the family doctor first. But if you are an adult and taking these gummies tastes fun to you, even then the answer is- it depends.
Depends on what? Well, a certain factor is the size of the molds. If it is a big mold that you use, try sticking to one gummy per day. If you are using small ones, you can take two or three. But it is always wise not to go overboard with anything.
There are some vegan concerns related to these tasty gummies. If you are vegan, do not use gelatin in your recipe. Sugar is a good choice to start; I would say because gelatin is not vegan friendly. So vegan people can have problems with that.