Golden Milk Mix Recipe
As we progress further and more into the future, we forget about the foods our culture has to offer. Golden milk mix is such a recipe. Golden milk is an awesome beverage to have. It is a traditional Indian drink.
Mainly people use turmeric in milk to give it a golden color. But simply putting turmeric in milk is not how one prepares golden milk. There are precise steps there to follow. There are many anti-inflammatory advantages of this drink. It helps to keep a person healthy.
One can take it before going to bed. Taking it before bed helps to improve memory and supports brain function. Overall it is a healthy drink a person can take in any season of the year. Now let’s take a look into the preparation of this drink.
Golden Milk Mix Ingredients
The ingredients that are used in making golden milk mix are also nutritional components. When you make golden milk, you need four things in best quality—turmeric, Cinamon, Black pepper and ginger.
In the winter you can make your golden milk hot to your convenience, and in summer you can make it cool as you like. Mixing these spices results in an ayurvedic, spicy blend that is super tasty when mixing to milk.
Remember, you have to use dairy-free milk for best outcomes. Some use sweetener because they want their drink a little more o the sweet side. You can add sweetener too. But try sticking with any homemade sweetener. Artificial sweetener is troublesome, and it is wise not to add in this drink.
Add honey. You will feel the difference in changes in the taste. And as it is a customizable drink, You can add and remove ingredients according to your needs. But the core concept remains the same. So make sure you follow that recipe.
The Golden Milk
The mix is an important thing in this drink. If you mess up the mixture of different components, you mess up the whole thing. But it is not rocket science, so there is no need to worry.
You have to follow some steps.
All you will need
- 4 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of black pepper.
You can always add more of each component to access more strong tastes. But for a serving of one tsp, this is to go with.
You can also add some extra things to taste up things. Nutmeg and cloves are such things. You can add one-eighth tsp of ground nutmeg and the same amount of ground clove. Again, don’t forget about dairy-free milk.
Now the important steps are coming into play. For preparation, you will need the golden mix at first. Alongside the mix, you will need a sweetener. For which consider maple syrup or honey. You will need two tsp of honey also. And lastly, get your hand on one cup of dairy-free milk.
Light coconut milk works best in the milk section.
Instructions To Prepare Golden Milk Mix
To make the mix, you have to mix all the things. You can also add things according to your preference. You can keep it at a small container and give it a good shake to mix everything. Then you can either leave it at room temp, or you can put it into the refrigerator.
Now comes the stage where you have to make the milk. Grab a pan or saucepan at first. Add the mix, two tsp of water and the sweetener into the pan. Stir to make it a loose paste. Please don’t make it very thick. Otherwise, the milk will not mix with it well enough.
Adding milk is the next step. Heat at such a temperature that does not influence in boiling. Being hot is enough for warm golden milk.
If you crave cold golden tea in the summer, it is also very easy to make. The thing is it is quite same as before. You add the things into a glass. Make a paste out of it. Add all the necessary things, and at last, you need to add ice cubes instead of boiling.
The add on’s will be added after the preparation is over. Regardless of the type of your milk, you can add the same things. A sprinkle of some nuts or additional cinnamon is a good idea. Let us leave this part to the user and their preferences.
Health benefits of golden milk mix
There are many benefits to this awesome drink. People do not take this to light up their regularity. Many older people and younger ones take it on a regular basis to take advantage of the healthy parts of this beverage.
- Golden milk is famous for its anti-inflammatory aspect. The cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric paste help people stay healthy. It also helps in preventing metabolic syndrome, heart issues, cancer, joint pains, etc.
- A person who takes this drink regularly in their diet is more likely to reduce inflammation in their body than a person who is not taking this drink at all.
- A study has suggested that antioxidants present in different foods help one be fit by preventing cell damage. This drink shows many antioxidants properties also. So we can also assume it helps to keep your cells steady and ready all the time.
- Diabetes is a great health problem in the world. Older people are more likely to get diabetes as they grow older. Well, we have some good news also then. Our golden milk helps people with type 2 diabetes.
- The milk that we are adding to the mix is plant-based. And we know that plant-based milk has various healthy nutrients. Vitamin D and calcium are also present there. Here vitamin d helps our body absorb calcium, and calcium helps us keep the bones healthy.
- If you think your digestive system is not very strong, take this drink regularly. Ginger helps to support our digestive systems and also helps people with vomiting tendency.