How to use a lip scrub the right way
How to use a lip scrub in the right way? We all follow our skincare routines. We cleanse the face, scrub it regularly, and apply toner, and serum as per the need. While doing all this, we usually forget about our lips. Some people are not even aware of lip care routines. Just like our faces, our lips too need care.
Using lip balm is not enough for soft and smooth lovely lips. To prevent dead skin cells, one should regularly exfoliate them. Exfoliation helps improves blood circulation in that area making the skin soft and smooth.
If you want your lipstick to be applied smoothly all over the lips and make the lips look plumper naturally then you should try it definitely. It also helps in reducing the decolouration of lips.
Lip scrubs contain small grainy particles that when rubbed through the skin remove dirt, dry flaky bits and dead skin cells. Including this in the skincare routine helps to get rid of dry chapped lips. If you want to know how to use a lip scrub in the right way then check it out.
Here are the steps to use a lip scrub
Step 1: Prepare your lips for exfoliation | Clean the lips
The first thing before doing any skincare routine is to clean the surface. Before exfoliating, it is important to clean your lips to make sure that there is no dirt there. Dry it using a clean towel.
Step 2: Take out the right amount of lip balm using your finger
Knowing the amount of product that you are going to use is an important step. The amount of scrub that you are going to use should depend upon the conditions of the lip.
- If you have rough and flaky lips then there will be a requirement for a large amount of lip scrub as compared to normal lips. Take the amount that is needed to cover two to three layers of your lips.
- If you have normal soft lips without flakes, take a little amount of product that is enough to cover your lips in one layer.
One should not apply more than the required amount of product as it could dry the lips.
Step 3: Apply the lip scrub with the right technique | How to apply a lip scrub
Apply the lip balm evenly all over the upper lips and lower lips with the right amount. Once you applied it, leave it for a few seconds before rubbing. After that close your lips and hold your lips together. Start rubbing your upper lip and lower lip together in a circular motion. This is the most important step to remove dead skin cells.
You can also use your fingers to rub it in a circular motion. Try not to put pressure while scrubbing as it could damage your skin. Continue scrubbing for the next 30 sec. If you feel there is more flakiness left on the skin then you can repeat this process. Do not over exfoliate.
If you feel any skip rip while this step, you can stop this. Do not be harsh on your skin.
Step 4: Remove the lip balm and moisturize it | Moisturizing the lips
It is time to remove it. You can use wash it with lukewarm water or just wipe it with a towel, it’s all up to you. Your lips will feel dry after using the scrub. It is really necessary to apply a lip moisturizer after that. You can use a good lip balm for that purpose.
Try not to apply lipstick immediately after the exfoliation process. You can apply it after 1 hour. Make sure to remove lip balm before applying lipstick for a long-lasting lipstick surface.
Know how often you should use a lip scrub | When to use a lip scrub
Now you know how to apply a lip scrub. Now the question arises how often you should use it? For a soft and smooth lip, You should use a lip scrub two to three times a week. That will help you to shed dead skin cells frequently.
Keep it in mind that you should not exceed more than 3 days a week as over exfoliation will damage your lips and will make them dry and dull.
Do you want to try homemade lip scrubs? DIY homemade lip scrubs
What if I told you that you need not buy any expensive lip scrubs, would you trust me? Yes, I’m right, here are some homemade DIY lip scrub ideas for you to use when you want to go organic.
1. You can try coconut oil with honey and sugar
- All you need to do is to arrange this material in your house and you are done.
- You will need one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of coconut oil, two tablespoons of sugar and lukewarm water. You can also use brown sugar at your convenience.
- Add honey to the coconut oil and stir it.
- Now add sugar to it and mix it well to make a texture.
- Apply it to the lips now and scrub it in a circular motion for 1 minute. Use your gentle hands. Now remove it with lukewarm water.
- Sugar acts as a natural exfoliator and coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty skin which is good for moisturising the skin. Honey has healing powers.
- You can even skip the coconut oil and only mix honey and sugar for scrubbing.
2. You can also try a cocoa lip scrub
- All the ingredient you need is one spoon of cocoa powder, two spoons of sugar or brown sugar, one spoon of vanilla extract, two spoon of olive oil and a few drops of honey.
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract, olive oil and honey in a bowl.
- Apply it to your lips and rub it in a circular motion for 1 minute.
- Leave it until it gets dry on the lips
- Remove it using a cloth or wash it with lukewarm water.
3. You can also make it with orange peel
- Sun dry orange peel for a few days and grind it to make a fine powder.
- Take orange peel powder and mix it with sugar
- Add a few drops of almond oil to it .
- Scrub with the paste for the next 30 sec.
- Scrub it gently.
- Remove it with wet wipes or with lukewarm water.
- Apply lip balm to avoid dryness.
Try it out and you will be happy with the results. For more such beauty tips, keep reading.