Laugh Lines Exercises – Best Facial Yoga
The lines of expression seen on your face when you smile or laugh are called nasolabial folds. These ‘lines’ run from the corner of your nose to the curve of your mouth. Scientifically speaking, these lines appear due to the repeated acts of the muscles when one smiles or laughs and are a part of the ageing process, due to a shift in the fat pad compartments of the face. Good blood circulation to the face also helps avoid facial skin problems, check out yoga for skin problems for an overall solution.
Causes Of Marionette Lines
- Sun exposure
- Opting for diets abruptly or changing diets can cause the lines to appear rapidly
Skincare Routine Is A Must:
Your skincare routine must include daily moisturization, exfoliating of the dead skin and use of a good sunscreen every three hours. Retinol based anti-aging creams and vitamin C based creams or serums (recommended by a dermatologist) can help reduce the fine lines caused by laughing. Moreover, if these lines are bothering you, cosmetic procedures such as botox relax the muscles and hence the lines. Additionally, one can also opt for fillers containing hyaluronic acid to restore facial aesthetics.
Ways To Care For Laugh Lines:
- Opt for a good skincare regime suitable to your skin
- Follow a balanced diet
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated
- Eliminate bad habits such as smoking and consuming alcohol
- Adequate sleep can help reduce the incidence of these lines
- Keep changing your posture during sleep, because if you sleep on the same side, the laugh lines will deepen and that side of your face will get flattened
- Set a healthy regime for yourself by including a diet rich in antioxidants including fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, flaxseeds, and good fats.
Laugh Lines Exercises – Here’s How You Can Get Rid Of Laugh Lines:
Facial yoga if done every day can help eliminate your laugh lines. However, the results are totally dependent on the number of times you exercise. Here are some effective exercises:
- Breath in air through your mouth and hold the air as if there is a bubble inside your mouth. Now move the bubble from one cheek to the other. Doing this exercise will help make your cheeks firm.
- Clench your teeth together and now smile; stretch your muscles while you smile. Hold this position for 10 seconds and release.
- Take your index fingers, hold the corners of your mouth and pull on the sides. At the same time, tighten your mouth and close it Hold this position for five to ten seconds. Repeat this exercise 10-15 times.
- You can also prevent the sagging of your cheeks. Just pull your cheeks up firmly with your palms diagonally with fingers resting on the head.
Do laugh lines go away?
Regardless of the technique, the lines won’t fully go away—they’re your emotion lines—but consistent massage will help keep your skin and facial muscles taut.
Does Face yoga work for laugh lines?
Face yoga helps to lift and firm the muscles under the skin, which smooths lines and wrinkles. … Collins also says that face yoga exercises can relax overactive muscles while toning weaker muscles, which helps to prevent sagging and expression lines.
Does yoga make your face look younger?
researchers found that facial exercises performed for 30 minutes a day or every other day for 20 weeks improved the facial appearance of middle-aged women. The study also found that “those who perform such exercises may end up looking about three years younger
Do facial yoga really work?
The technique uses a variety of massage and exercises to target your face, neck, and shoulders. Research has found face yoga may be effective in improving the structural appearance of your face by strengthening the muscles of the cheeks and face. Practitioners report a younger appearance as well.
How long does face yoga take to work?
“You have to do facial exercises consistently six to seven days a week for 20-30 minutes per day. It takes at least three to four weeks before you start to notice results,” she says. And you should consult your dermatologist before tackling a facial exercise regimen.
Is face yoga harmful?
But facial yoga is non-toxic, non-invasive and safe for anyone, plus it’s inexpensive and you can do it on your own time, he says. “There does not appear to be much to lose.” There’s not much to lose: Facial yoga is non-toxic, non-invasive and safe for anyone, plus it’s inexpensive and you can do it on your own time.
Are there any side effects of facial yoga?
Some experts say contorting your face in these ways can actually lead to more wrinkles. Many facial wrinkles — for example, crow’s-feet, laugh lines, and forehead wrinkles — result from repetitive facial muscle activity such as frowning or smiling.