DIY Conditioner: Best DIY Recipes For A Homemade Hair Conditioner
We all want smooth and silky hair. You can achieve your dream hair with some good products. Using completely chemical-free products can greatly help you in this, such as homemade hair conditioners. You can prepare organic DIY hair products to get soft and shiny hair. The homemade DIY conditioner will help you improve hair health and the texture of hair strands. Check out more haircare tips.
Benefits of conditioning your hair
There are various benefits of using homemade hair conditioners. It has no chemicals in it and can deeply condition the hair. There are various ways of making DIY conditioners.
Following are some of the benefits:
- The hydrophobicity of the hair fiber improves.
- It makes the hair smooth and easy to manage
- They also help in reviving dry, dull, and damaged hair
- It tackles frizzy hair and makes it shinier
- Homemade hair conditioners help in reducing the friction between hair fibers.
The following are the homemade hair conditioners to be used:
1. Shea butter conditioner
Shea butter is rich in vitamin C and has a huge amount of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The fatty acids and oils in it help fight infections. It also helps in having a dandruff-free scalp and hydrates the hair strands.
- You will need 1 tablespoon of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
- Now take a few drops of essential oil
- Make a mixture of coconut oil and shea butter, then warm it up
- Now, add argan oil and essential oil, whip all of it together
- You should apply all of it from scalp to tip
- Leave it for around half an hour
- Now, rinse it off using a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water
- Then apply a normal hair conditioner
- Use twice every week for best results
2. Yogurt hair conditioner
Yogurt is rich in protein and lactic acid that help in the cleansing of the scalp. This DIY conditioner is absolutely easy to make.
Steps to follow:
- Take a bowl and an egg. Now, beat the egg in it. Egg is very useful for making your hair shinier.
- Add some six tablespoons of yogurt and mix the ingredients properly
- It is time to massage the mixture onto the hair and keep it covered
- Leave the hair like that for about 15-30 minutes
- Now, wash it off with normal water
3. Vinegar and egg conditioner
Vinegar helps against hair loss while egg acts as an effective conditioner and adds shine to the hair. Olive oil makes the hair stronger while honey hydrates the hair strands.
Method to be followed:
- You will need eggs, olive oil, honey, vinegar, and lemon juice
- Now, whisk two or three eggs and add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Now mix them well.
- You will have to then add about one and a half teaspoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey.
- Mix it properly in a blender and make a thick paste.
- Finally, apply this paste to the hair tips and leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
4. Banana conditioner
Banana is rich in silica, a key element that prevents hair loss. Not just that it also makes the hair shinier. Silica is quite a good conditioning agent that makes hair soft and bouncy.
Here is the process to be followed:
- You will need 1 ripe banana
- Take almost 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- You should also have 1 tablespoon of honey
- The banana and then mix all of them to make a smooth mixture
- Apply it all over the hair, starting from the root to the tip
- Let it be for half an hour
- Now, rinse it off using a sulfate-free shampoo accompanied with cold water
- Use a normal hair conditioner
- This should be used once every week for best results
5. Apple cider vinegar conditioner
You can get the essential moisture needed for your hair using apple cider vinegar. It is easier to manage the hair while detangling because of this.
Method of preparation:
- First, take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- You will need a cup of water
- Mix the above-mentioned ingredients and keep them aside
- Now, wash your hair using a sulfate-free shampoo and then a normal conditioner
- Pour the ACV mixture through the hair
- You need to massage it through the scalp and hair strands
- It can be either left like that or give a final rinse
- Using it twice a month can be good for best results
6. Avocado Deep Conditioner
You might not think of using avocado for your hair but it is a really good moisturizer for hair and scalp. Many other ingredients add up to create a powerful conditioner for hair.
Ingredients you will need are:
- 1 ripe avocado that is to be peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 to 3 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
Mix all of them to make a good moisturizer for your hair.
If you have dry, frizzled, and rough hair, it is time to take proper care. Conditioning helps the hair get hydrated, makes it smooth and soft. Use the above-mentioned ways of making DIY conditioners at home.
What is the best homemade hair conditioner?
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Aloe Vera.
- Classic Coconut.
What is the best homemade deep hair conditioner?
Honey And Coconut Oil. Honey has been used to moisturize hair and skin for years. Banana Hair Mask. Bananas are a great way of deep-conditioning your hair as they are rich in natural oils and vitamins.
Olive Oil And Egg Hair Mask.
Is Aussie conditioner bad for your hair?
Aussie hair products certainly have good ingredients that are helpful for ladies with straight and curly hair strands. However, some of the ingredients included in many of Aussie’s products aren’t recommended if you have curly hair.
Is color depositing conditioner bad for your hair?
If you use color conditioner every time you wash your hair, you’ll eventually get the nice, bright shade you want. Leaving the product to sit for a longer time than directed won’t damage your hair.
How do I deep condition my damaged hair?
These genius homemade deep conditioning recipes work like a charm. Blend one ripe banana and add 4 tbsp coconut oil, 1tbsp glycerin, and 2 tbsp honey to the mixture. You need a smooth paste to ensure that it washes off without leaving bits in your hair. Apply this mixture to your hair and cover with a shower cap.
How do you make homemade hair conditioner?
Coconut oil and honey conditionerTake one tablespoon of coconut oil, one tablespoon honey, one tablespoon lemon juice, two tablespoons of curd and one teaspoon of rose water. Mix all of them well and apply them on your shampooed hair. Leave it for about 10-15 minutes and rinse off with running water.
What can I use instead of hair conditioner?
DIY natural conditioners for your hair
- Banana mask for soft strands.
- Egg mask to nourish your strands.
- Aloe vera for unbeatable shine.
- Honey for softness and shine.
- Yoghurt mask for damaged hair.
- Argan oil for strength.
- Tea rinse to fight dullness.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse for all hair types.
What is the best homemade hair conditioner?
- Honey and olive oil conditioner. Honey and olive oil are natural conditioners.
- Eggs and olive oil conditioner.
- Coconut oil conditioner.
- Baking soda conditioner.
- Shea butter conditioner.
- Banana conditioner.
- Apple cider vinegar conditioner.
What is the main ingredient in hair conditioner?
For starters, what is conditioner? To put it simply, conditioner is a conditioning or moisturizing agent generally made up of ingredients such as silicones, oils, and emollients, as well as cationic surfactants (the scientific term for soaps or detergents, which help to wash away the oily elements).
Can we use rice water as conditioner?
Rice water can replace a commercial conditioner. massage the rice water into the hair and scalp. leave on for up to 20 minutes. rinse hair thoroughly using warm water from the tap.
Is rice water a conditioner?
Rice water, as a conditioner, repairs your hair, strengthens it, and enhances its elasticity (10).
Does hair really need conditioner?
The truth is conditioning after you shampoo is essential to having healthy, shiny hair. Conditioner smooths the hair cuticle and adds body. Avoiding conditioner makes your hair more prone to breakage, which can lead to the appearance of thinning hair. Conditioning helps restore your hair and protect it from damage.