Monsoon Skin Care:
Having clear and glowing skin is every woman’s desire. After all, it’s the most important part of the body that gives you an identity and makes you feel beautiful. Isn’t it? But, did you know, that skin is not just the biggest organ of your body, it’s also the fastest growing? Well, there’s more. It’s always changing. The human body has 19 million skin cells, and it sheds up to 40,000 cells each day with new ones growing. Let’s see some monsoon skin care tips. Also, check some more home remedies for blemishes and fruit packs that suit your skin for faster results.
During the monsoons, due to high humidity, sweat and oil secretions increase. Oily and sweaty skin attracts more dirt and chemical pollutants, leading to dull skin and problems like spots, pimples, acne, and rash. Fungal infections are also common.
Skin Care Tips:
There’s a lot that happens under the surface. An inch of your skin has a thousand nerve endings, 20 blood vessels, and 650 sweat glands. Isn’t that quite an interesting thing to know? Yes, it indeed is, and now you sure want to know all that women with gorgeous glowing skin do. Nurturing your skin is an important and lovely way to thank your body! Here are some tidbits women with gorgeous skin do. Try them and see how your skin glows too!
- Wash your face before hitting the bed.
- Drink an adequate amount of water and flush out toxins.
- Gently exfoliate your skin at least 1-2 days a week.
- Use a natural face mask once a week.
- Avoid junk food
- Check what your skincare products contain
- Seven hours of sleep is a must
- Moisturize and make your skin supple
- Apply sunscreen
- Cut down on sugars
Cleansing is the main aspect of monsoon care for oily skin. Oil on the surface has to be removed and the pores have to be kept free of hardened oil.
The skin should be cleansed in the morning and night with a face wash or cleanser, specially formulated for normal-to-oily skin.
- Face wash containing ingredients like tulsi and neem would be a good idea.
- An astringent lotion helps to remove oiliness. After washing the face, wipe it with an astringent lotion, using cotton. Or, use a rose-based skin tonic.
Exfoliation is an important aspect in the care of oily skin. This involves the use of cleansing grains or scrubs for deep pore cleansing. These should be rubbed gently on the skin and washed off with water.
However, if there are pimples or acne, avoid using scrubs on them.
- You can make a scrub at home by mixing rice powder with rose water and applying it to the face. Rub gently in circular motions and wash it off with water.
- Fuller’s earth (multani mitti) also helps reduce oiliness and close the pores. Mix multani mitti with rose water into a paste and apply it three times a week. wash it off when it dries.
- Ingredients like gram flour (besan) and oatmeal help to cut down on oiliness.
- Besan can be mixed with curd along with a pinch of turmeric (haldi) and applied to the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off. Rinse very well with water.
- Similarly, oatmeal can be mixed with curd and egg white and applied. For open pores, mix oatmeal with egg white and apply three times a week to the area. Wash it off when it dries.
Good Diet For Skin Care:
A good diet is equally important. If the system is congested, it reflects on the skin. Keep the system cleansed by including:
- Fresh fruits
- Raw Salads
- Whole grains
- Yogurt in your daily diet.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
- Add the juice of a lemon to a glass of tepid water and have it first thing in the morning.
Monsoon Care For Oily And Acne Skin:
If you have oily skin, avoid the use of oily creams and moisturizers. These can clog the pores and lead to blackheads and pimples.
- You can go for “clean-ups” at a skin care salon, where stubborn blackheads can be extracted.
- Pinching blackheads with nails can cause infections. Look for a matte moisturizer or sandalwood protective cream.
- Carry wet tissues in your handbag during the day to wipe and refresh your skin. Then apply compact powder.
Pimples and acne usually occur on oily skin. If it happens, take professional care at a good time and learn how to take daily care of the skin. Specialized cleansers, skin tonic, protective cream, and medicated lotion help to control pimples and acne.