Yoga To Strengthen Immune System:
The immune system is essential for our survival. It is our immune system that keeps us healthy and away from sea of pathogens as we pass by. This yoga for immune system will help you beat the diseases.
1. Bhastrika Pranayama | Bellows Breathing:
The word Bhastrika is a Sanskrit word which means leather bellow, which was used in olden times to blow furnaces. Like its namesake, this pranayama increases the heat in the body through movement of the diaphragm. Check out the detailed steps of doing Bhastrika pranayama and its other benefits.
2. Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Butterfly Pose):
The regular practice of this pose during winter opens the chest, shoulders, hips and the groin, making the nervous system stronger and building immunity.
Supta Baddha Konasana Steps:
- Start with Dandasana, with your legs extended in front of you and bend your knees with soles touching each other towards your pelvis. (You can place one bolster under the arch of the lower back, keeping the hips on the floor, if necessary.)
- Lean backward with support on elbows to the floor. ( Or lie down on the bolster, and make sure the head touches the bolster if needed.)
- Gently adjust your buttocks and spine along the floor maintaining the natural curve of the lower back. (Place the other two bolsters on either side of the legs. Bend the knees and separate the legs on either side, so that the outer thighs rest on the bolster, and the soles of the feet touch each other.)
- Let your arms relax with your palms facing up.
- Release the pose drawing your knees together and roll to your right side and rise with hands pressing yourself to the seated position.
If you have a groin, knee, lower back, shoulder, or hip injury and pregnant women should avoid this pose.
3. Viparita Karani (Legs Up The Wall):
This yoga for immune system pose increases circulation in the entire body. It releases stress and tension from the body, resulting in a calm mind.
Viparita Karani Steps:
- Sit facing the wall, with the hips a few inches away from the wall.
- Lie down on the spine and raise the legs up on the wall. Make sure that the lower back is touching the floor. If it is not, then place a bolster under the hips.
- Keep the arms a few inches away from the body and open the palms towards the ceiling. Relax the entire body, and stay in this pose for a few minutes.
- To release the pose, bend the knees and drop them down towards the right and then sit up.
How To Improve Immunity Home Remedies:
Here are some quick tips on how to improve immunity with simple changes in your daily life besides the yoga to strengthen immune system.
1. Drink at least two liters of water a day to build up your immune system, experts recommend.
2. Cold viruses can be warded off with a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, reports the Technical Inspection Authority (TUV) of Cologne in Germany.
3. Long autumn walks can also boost circulation.
4. However, be sure to stay warm, which also promotes circulation and boosts the immune system. An immersion bath or a trip to the sauna can help.
5. Good hygiene can also ward off infection, which is why the TUV recommends regular hand washing.
6. Viruses are common where people congregate – places like offices or public transportation. So handshaking and greeting with kisses can also lead to virus transmission.